Terrain

I've noticed that the terrain function might need some smoothing over. Like when I delete/dig into terrain there are little bits of terrain left over that are hard to get rid of because of how small they are. Also its hard to shape terrain with the point and click since it seems to only add in kind of a haphazard manner. Maybe add an option to add preloaded shapes of terrain, different types of brushes (not just sizes), and or have an option to flatten/smooth out the terrain.

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I've noticed that the terrain function might need some smoothing over. Like when I delete/dig into terrain there are little bits of terrain left over that are hard to get rid of because of how small they are. Also its hard to shape terrain with the point and click since it seems to only add in kind of a haphazard manner. Maybe add an option to add preloaded shapes of terrain, different types of brushes (not just sizes), and or have an option to flatten/smooth out the terrain.
Good to know! The game tries to detect and remove any tiny floating 'islands' that form after you edit the terrain; maybe it is missing some cases.
I will also look into offering more brush types or preloaded shapes. My focus for the near future is going to be on adding more depth to the creatures and how they interact with the environment, so it may be a little while before I can get around to it, but I will add it to my requested-features list. Thanks for letting me know.