Isssues regarding food placement

I forgot to place food for my fish when I was playing the game so I paused the game to ensure they won't die but when I placed food even though I was supposed to have insufficient nutrition points since it cost 3 to place and I had 2 points I was able to place the food when the game was paused and my nutrition points changed to -1. After that it worked normally both paused and unpaused and didn't let me go lower, but my display still showed -1 regardles. Also, when I moved my mouse from one place to another, the price display on food changed around randomly, some of them even showed 0 or +1, but in reality they still cost the same amount of nutrition points.
Edit: When the values randomly changed around they also allowed me to go into negative numbers, namely -1, but this time, it actually cost less nutrition points for me to place food. It normally cost me 6 (I had 4) but when the display was randomized to 3 it changed my nutrition points to, yet again, -1.
Edit 2: I managed to get my nutrition points to -3 with the glitch shown in the first edit. Also, the display didn't randomize underground for some reason.
Edit 3: For some reason, when I placed the mating grounds on a rock wall I built they extended out till the edge of the world without me doing absolutely anything.
Edit 4: I managed to increase my nutrition points using the glitch shown in the first edit. I didn't understand how the randomized display worked when it showed +1, +2, +3 or +4 But then I realized that whenever I placed something when they showed + values, it would add the number shown then take away the actual price (Don't trust me on this one), And the reason I think that is because when I placed something that would normally cost 3 when the display showed +4 my nutrition points went up. My mistake. That was simply other plants being destroyed when I placed new stuff.

Last edited:

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I forgot to place food for my fish when I was playing the game so I paused the game to ensure they won't die but when I placed food even though I was supposed to have insufficient nutrition points since it cost 3 to place and I had 2 points I was able to place the food when the game was paused and my nutrition points changed to -1. After that it worked normally both paused and unpaused and didn't let me go lower, but my display still showed -1 regardles. Also, when I moved my mouse from one place to another, the price display on food changed around randomly, some of them even showed 0 or +1, but in reality they still cost the same amount of nutrition points.
Edit: When the values randomly changed around they also allowed me to go into negative numbers, namely -1, but this time, it actually cost less nutrition points for me to place food. It normally cost me 6 (I had 4) but when the display was randomized to 3 it changed my nutrition points to, yet again, -1.
Edit 2: I managed to get my nutrition points to -3 with the glitch shown in the first edit. Also, the display didn't randomize underground for some reason.
Edit 3: For some reason, when I placed the mating grounds on a rock wall I built they extended out till the edge of the world without me doing absolutely anything.
Edit 4: I managed to increase my nutrition points using the glitch shown in the first edit. I didn't understand how the randomized display worked when it showed +1, +2, +3 or +4 But then I realized that whenever I placed something when they showed + values, it would add the number shown then take away the actual price (Don't trust me on this one), And the reason I think that is because when I placed something that would normally cost 3 when the display showed +4 my nutrition points went up. My mistake. That was simply other plants being destroyed when I placed new stuff.
I will do my best to reproduce these bugs and fix them. Getting to -1 nutrient points is definitely a problem, and I think I have an idea about what might have caused the mating grounds issue as well. Thank you for letting me know.

Ashton.K

Worker
Hey, I know I'm a few months late on this bug but I have the same issue and I found that the cost of placing plants goes down as you get closer in proximity to other plants, and when you try to grow them it replaces the plant and takes away nutrition points into the negatives.

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Hey, I know I'm a few months late on this bug but I have the same issue and I found that the cost of placing plants goes down as you get closer in proximity to other plants, and when you try to grow them it replaces the plant and takes away nutrition points into the negatives.
Interesting! The cost going down is intentional, though maybe not explained well. It's meant to be that replacing a plant with another plant is free, so overlapping should cost less - but you shouldn't be able to spend into the negatives! I will look into it.