[Bug] Ants Stuck in Baby Sitter's Allied Nest

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
XyL8pRG.jpg
uSDBzyu.jpg

The ones by the spiders were infinitely attacking the corpses (not harvesting, as there were "punching" sounds), while the ones in the food area just froze entirely.
Turning off combat and gathering didn't cause them to move.

Full gallery from session: https://imgur.com/a/SBBDVHI

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
This appears to be logged as a bug that occurs for the allied colony, but it can happen to the player as well. Thought it was a feature until that started happening.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Could it be they are trying to harvest food from the spider corpses but can't reach them? (I noticed sometimes when allied ants are harvesting the punching sound plays too, don't know if it is in some way related?)

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
And is this your ants being stuck or theirs?
Mine.
Do you know steps to replicate this? Did you delete the marker or anything?
Have a lot of ants and send them to the spiders and allied food chamber. They should get stuck over time, but I noticed it when I moved the marker elsewhere (moving it around didn't change anything). I'm fairly sure it's just having ants there long enough causes them to get stuck, and more got stuck when I sent the group back into the food chamber.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Just discovered that this may be two separate glitches. The funnelweb glitch where ants perpetually attack its corpse also occurs in Aggrandise.

avCqFEI.jpg

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Right I think I have it! I set the owner of creatures when they are picked up to stop other creatures trying to pick up the same one (the preying mantis bug). This appears to have a negative effect where if something dies whilst it is picking something up then the thing it is picking up is flagged as owned by it permanently. Need to be careful with this fix!