Recent content by Axelay

1. A

Is Insane Mode Possible?

THANK YOU all. Yes, it was super painful, and I really started getting down on myself for being so terrible. BUT, the upshot is that I pretty much destroy 1.1/1.2+challenge. And so I'm thinking I must be pretty good now. Forged in fire. No, I didn't beat it, but I got to the third...
  2. A

Is Insane Mode Possible?

Balanite, I had 80 workers and 50 spitters. The spitters would stand there doing nothing, only spitting at about the rate that a mortar ant shoots. When I turned off arachnophobia mode and tried again, they shot normally, and I destroyed the spiders without any drama. This whole time I've...
  3. A

Is Insane Mode Possible?

"Paralyzing your ants with fear"? For real?
  4. A

Is Insane Mode Possible?

Re-watching your video, your shooters took everything down rapidly. So I don't think it's just a display glitch, they are actually not firing properly. @Mike should I try to look at this as a bug, or perhaps this is an undocumented feature of 'arachnophobia' mode? I've had that mode turned...
  5. A

Is Insane Mode Possible?

Balanite, I watched your video and was amazed at how very much exactly the same you and I start out. I guess it is a testament to how tightly balanced the map is that two random people would be nearly click-for-click identical after (in my case) ~20 hours of failure. I had the idea that maybe...
  6. A

Mole Cricket

I just did 1.1 on insane with challenge mode. I can confirm, food is tricky.. I actually ended up tearing down brood tiles to get enough food to spawn a few warriors to finish off the last coach beetle.
  7. A

Awesome feedback, thanks guys! Regarding the spider corpse cascade failure.. I'm not sure if I could replicate it without being close to the food cap. I had thought perhaps my unit count, overall, was passing some threshold. But definitely I was in a situation where food was somewhat silly...
  8. A

Reserved: In case I ever beat Insane mode 2.1. I feel it must need upgrades, I just need to find a way to get enough food to do it...
  9. A

I am enjoying this game, you've done an awesome job. Over the last two days, I've been attempting to complete 2.1 on Insane. 1.1 and 1.2 were very challenging, but I've hit a wall with 2.1. Since I've spent ~20 hours attempting it, I thought I would provide my feedback to you, as I saw in...