Recent content by Buffalo981

1. B

[0.2203]Uber mantis (almost) do not take damage

Damn, that thing is a monster
  2. B

[Feedback Request] Unit Balance

Yeah I'm talking about the media. It's kind of unexpected, but it seems like spamming them and upgrading them to level 3 is the only way to beat TOF on insane. Just look up The Other Foot insane on youtube if you want to see it for yourself. I probably took dozens of tries using a combination of...
  3. B

definitely true.
  4. B

Well there's one thing I think we can all agree on: army ant media don't really need changes. If they get nerfed, the other foot insane will become impossible. And they're already a one man show for the other foot level on insane, and spamming them only is probably the most effective way to beat...
  5. B

This would for sure be helpful for 3.2, but what would it do to 3.1 balance? Since the enemy colony already starts off with a whole bunch of media way before the player, wouldn't making media even better at gathering technically give them more of a head start than they already have?
  6. B

I would suggest a decent bit more attack damage for leaf cutter media, to incentivize building more media for the purpose of damage dealing, and then building majors to do the tanking. As of right now, majors fill the role of both primary damage dealer and tank. That's fine, since it is...
  7. B

Hours Played

Sitting at a solid 339 hours for me, have been playing since day 1 of early access release. Most of the time probably went into insane mode attempts at all the various levels.
  8. B

Screenshot Saturday - AI Freeplay vs AI Freeplay!

No they use Atta cephalotes but I think it would be cool to see a leaf cutter variation Acromyrmex added with the possible release of multiplayer after the game is complete. They could just have different stats (less health, smaller size, more damage, cheaper), and of course a different...
  9. B

Ant Analysis: Wood Ant Melees

While wood ant melee are of course less cost efficient than black ants on their own, with combinations of ants, it may be balanced. I don't have the game installed right now so I can't really test it, but if anyone is interested, maybe try doing 19 level 3 mortars + 19 wood ant melee vs 19 level...
  10. B

The Other Foot - Discussion

There's nothing wrong with fighting dirty! Really nice win.
  11. B

The Other Foot - Discussion

Don't you think that therefore giving the queen a second ability (the one that stuns all enemies in underground) would make not only insane but all the difficulties a bit more balanced? Maybe to counter this the enemy queen could be given a second ability as well on insane (assuming she only has...
  12. B

Leafcutter balance feedback and suggestions

I think both of those suggestions would make media op (especially your first one). If you buff them too much, then there won't be as much reason to build lots of workers and majors. Medias currently do have some useful situations, and I see them simply as an option the player can choose to use...
  13. B

Screenshot Saturday - Titan Climbing

And hopefully having certain ants climb up on the titan will give different effects. So that workers on the titan won't be as good as having soldiers on the titan. Maybe if shooting wood ants are on the titan, it will be more vulnerable to venom damage, while if there are melee ants on the...
  14. B

The Other Foot Insane Balance

Anyone managed to beat this on insane or got pretty far? I've gotten up to the army ant wave. The problem is that after the molecrickets, there isn't enough time to go kill the harvestmen, and then the leaf cutters, and then the rove beetles. This makes the waves stack a little bit, up until...
  15. B

Preparations For Potential Multiplayer

There doesn't need to be balance in free play, since the player can choose what his opponents are. If he wants to go up against an ereptor colony with black ants, he can do that, knowing the risks, or not. No one is forcing him to fight an unbalanced battle. If he wanted to fight a balanced...