Recent content by EmperorOfTheGreatUnknown

1. E

Anti-ranged enemies

If flying insects get added I am sure they can be programmed to drop down on the weakest soldiers, or the gunners. Also a softer collision system could be added, so large enough creatures can just walk through the melee attackers.
  2. E

When is upkeep, not upkeep?......... when when you're playing EotU.....

Upkeep would require a whole mechanics redesign. (I would like to see it happened of course but realistically the mechanics are already viced in.) For one, what happens when there is no food, do the ants starve slowly, do brood still hatch? Will you still spend food on tiles? Why do I need...
  3. E

Layers of undergrowth

Honestly this is the best. Adding layers just makes an underground scene for the underground, and adds too many surfaces to keep up with. Any 3D element would also make the controls extremely unwieldy and also be a nightmare for path finding. I think a 2D grid is best, and the best way I...
  4. E

The Game Before!

I am surprised not every single person in this forum has heard this game! Empire of the Ants is my all time favorite strategy game, and quite possibly the first game I ever played. What i really liked about it is that the game had some really well thought out game design. I particularly liked...