Recent content by Fhangrin

1. F

Howdy from the Frozen North...

Nah, AntsCanada doesn't ship queens. They set you up with other antkeepers in your area. I just happen to live in a freaking void unless I travel 8 hours to pick one up clear out in Michigan or Colorado. And it's the dead of freaking winter, so that's not a trip the colonies are likely to...
  2. F

Question: what are all the ant species we can control as the ereptor queen

Camponotus pennsylvanicus that happen to be larger than your own queen and veritable battle-tanks in the undergrowth. It's the M-1 Abrams of the ant kingdom. Solenopsis molesta could be the zerglings.
  3. F

Well. The Bug Bible can be reserved for outdoor projects. The EotU Wiki'll serve well for the game. I blame you guys for the last 12 hours I've spent looking up information on formicariums and general ant-keeping information. Keeping an ant colony as kid was something I always wanted to do. I...
  4. F

Something Amazing Happened!

R.I.P. Command and Conquer. LONG LIVE KANE! LONG LIVE THE MESSIAH!
  5. F

Of South Dakota. I've been an avid fan of both insects and arachnids ever since I was about yay small. I've kept at least one copy of the National Audubon Society Guide to North American Insects for a pretty solid 25 years and it's more or less my bible whenever I'm out camping or just see a new...