Recent content by JonnyC289

1. J

Food Mechanics

I think I made a thread about this on the steam forums, pretty sure they said it could be a possibility in the far future but it would also take lots of work and not on the priority list right now
  2. J

menu disapear :o

Update graphics card and update windows.
  3. J

ant wont do what the supose to do ?

Depends how many ants are in the group. You will never have 100% of them doing exactly what you say
  4. J

Integrated graphics? (Intel HD 4600)

Buying a PC at that price is gonna leave you with basically nothing. You should get him a laptop instead since you won't have to spend money on a screen, but if you have a screen already then my point still stands. For a couple more hundred bucks you can get him an actual computer with...
  5. J

How do You Organise Your Nest?

Exactly like the AI does it, but way less groups of 7 and more groups of 19, with the occasional hexagon of 30+. Speed tiles on all passageways from queen to chambers, and food chambers at the entrance of the nest. No direct tunnels from queen to entrance. I build them so they have to...
  6. J

[Beta] Royal decree broken

Mine worked fine in freeplay. I never tested them in the formicarium.
  7. J

Ants not hatching

workers probably dead
  8. J

playing on Hard/insane

I play on hard difficulty and these are the strategies I used with great success for each mission. 1.1: Never make a single worker. By the time you are ready to fight the last group you should have about 60 soldiers. Don't get any upgrades. Put the soldiers tiles in front of the queen, dig the...
  9. J

ants confused

its probably a bug. there shouldn't be ANY honey left on the aphids at night, since you're collecting them all day and they do not produce it at night either that or your food storage was full
  10. J

Current Version of Freeplay Review

Thank you for all your hard work on this game. Here are a few issues I'm encountering in Freeplay; 1. lady bugs seem to march in a line from a gathering spot in which they will stack on top of each other and freeze there 2. there seems to be a problem once you get to around 1000 ants, the food...
  11. J

Shadows

Thanks for the response Matt. You and the team are doing a great job! I'm excited for freeplay, but I'm gonna wait until we can save our colonies. Just looked at the changelog now, great stuff ;D
  12. J

Shadows

Bumping this because it's not getting any attention. I really want to know what's up with the shadows or if it's on NVidia's end
  13. J

Fly's

Then why do those bastards bite the **** out of me whenever I go to the beach? >:( It can't be because they're trying to lay eggs. I've killed tons of flies with blood in them as well. I put those pests in the same group as wasps; nasty, useless creatures who were put here to cause pain. >:(...
  14. J

Progress Post: AI Nest Excavation

That's great! More realism and a computer AI improvement will make the game better.
  15. J

Ants

The only way to find out is to give it to them and see what happens. I doubt any ant would reject sugar in any form, it's practically free food that costs no energy for them to get. But it's easy enough to get honey/syrup from the store as well.