Recent content by Mr Rivers

1. M

If you're looking for a fun, but REALLY long challenge, try new years, workers only, no firecrackers, insane. It took me 4 hours but I managed it.

There are people working on other strats to get it done quicker, but I did it my way which meant I didn't have to do anything crazy. It's not really hard, there's not that much RNG involved, the only really awkward part is the start. There is a lot of variation in the strategies you can use too...
  2. M

So I've beaten 4.1 and 4.2 on insane. Thought I would post some feedback

Yeah you can get past it, but it just feels janky to me. There are some missions where you need all your groups too, to make sure you're collecting all the food on time or defending everything properly. I actually beat the challenge last night. I'd be interested in seeing the strategy though...
  3. M

So I've beaten 4.1 and 4.2 on insane. Thought I would post some feedback

First off, I found one probable bug and one "issue" that I thought I would mention. On 5.1, if an ant dies, or you kill it, while it is carrying an aphid, sometimes the aphid disappears. I think it occurs most often when you are raided and then you or a critter kills the ant carrying the...
  4. M

Best Wood Ant Setup (Rising Tide)

My strat was different on this level too lol. I figured out if you get lvl 3 mortars, then just sit everything you can right in front of where the wolf spiders spawn, they don't spread out and just sit there in a clump. Then your mortars splash the hell out of them. I think I beat this with...
  5. M

Best Leafcutter Setup (Front Line)

In my opinion, 3.1 is the harder level. Even if you manage to plug the enemy colony in the base, which I think is the best way to do it using majors, it's still a matter of managing the sheer quantity of major assaults correctly which doesn't pan out very well all the time. Once you reach a...
  6. M

Best Leafcutter Setup (Front Line)

I struggled a lot on this level the first time I played it. I revisited it last week and beat it within 4 hours. Once I got the methodology down correctly it was actually quite easy. My result was quite a bit different from yours though. The first thing I did was take the 7 workers you start...