Recent content by muraenae

1. M

Screen Shot Saturday - Jumping Spider

Oh wow it's so cute!
  2. M

V0.132 and V0..133 Minor Bugs

Well, that'd explain it. Thanks for clearing that one up.
  3. M

V0.132 and V0..133 Minor Bugs

I kept noticing bugs as I played and thought I might as well put it all in one place instead of making more threads. If anyone else has similarly non-game-breaking bugs or anything, feel free to post them here, too. So, to start off with, other than the phantom broods (which I've seen show up...
  4. M

(Mac) Phantom Broods in Pheromone Groups

It seems that every so often when I glance down at my pheromone groups that there's a phantom brood chamber of the same kind of ant without any members that's below the one that's actually there. Moving the real brood to a different group and back again tends to fix the problem, but it's still a...
  5. M

Screen Shot Saturday: Small Improvements System

Or maybe just have a cap. Say, up to ten times or something.
  6. M

freepay mode needs work ...

With wood ants, melee ants are useless. Spitters are the ones doing the damage, you just need a wall of HP bars between them and the enemy for them to be effective. Workers are a third of the cost of melee ants and get the job done just as well.
  7. M

[Freeplay] Ants getting stuck in nest entrance

Exactly what it says on the tin. I've had one ant visibly stuck halfway in the roof of an entrance, and an entire save file where half the ants decided to get stuck, rendering said save less than playable.
  8. M

Unable to access 2.1 or 2.2

Did you complete the first Formicarium Challenge?
  9. M

Additional Difficulty before Hard

One of the complaints I've seen about Hard is that it's a huge jump from the previous difficulty. A way to solve that would be to make the jump smaller, which can be done by adding a difficulty that is between Hard and Normal. Perhaps it could be called Intermediate?
  10. M

Mac users

I’m a Mac user and the game runs just fine on the lower settings.
  11. M

More Ways to Get Food in the Formicarium

After you finish the two missions for one level, you don't have enough food to complete the challenge to unlock the next pair of missions. Currently, the only way to obtain more food is to replay the missions. While the higher difficulties do provide more of a food reward, Hard and Insane are...
  12. M

Stuck - no worker ants in formicarium

Soldiers are able to harvest food. The only way an ant wouldn't be able to would be if their control group had it turned off.
  13. M

Insane difficulty even possible?

Just checked it out. Had about 57 soldiers and built 7 workers, but I had to tear down a few tiles for food so I ended up with 49 soldiers and no additional workers. I'd say both strategies are about the same in terms of results. The last time I did upgrades, a couple beetles almost got to my...
  14. M

Salutations from New Jersey

I've been lurking here for a while, thought I might as well make my official debut. Ever since I was a kid I've loved insects, which is why I picked the game up. It's also just plain good, else I wouldn't have dumped fifty hours of my life into it. I'm not really the most talkative or social...
  15. M

Insane difficulty even possible?

There's a thread on this exact topic on the second page of this board. To sum it up, yes it's possible, multiple people have done it, and there are videos online for each mission on Insane (with challenge mode on where applicable) by Rayalot72 and Balanite. Upgrading ants is the strategy for 1.1...