Magical spider healing

Hello I'm not very happy about this i bought the game to support it i lost my whole colony because spiders have magic healing powers. so i had a colony of about 40. had 21 workers and 19 military Formica fusca and all attacking one spider and it was almost dead or so i though by watching its HP bar deplete almost to zero and the next moment its back up at full health. Lost my whole colony because of one spider WTF this is not cool, i cant beat one spider but the game spawns a whole bunch that's not really motivation to grow a Formica nest this is just setting you up to lose every time.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Are you playing in Freeplay, or is this a campaign level? If you're encountering big spiders with a small colony in Freeplay you might want to start with the difficulty a bit lower.

If it's a campaign level, the invasion events are scripted and therefore predictable - you should be able to anticipate the attack and defend near your queen.

The spiders have an ability called "Devour" that allows them to instantly kill an ant and restore some health. It has quite a long cooldown and spiders in general are relatively low health for their size, so if you have your forces in the right place you should be able to take them down before Devour is ready again.

Have you ever played the spider level, the one that let you play as a Beach Wolf spider. In that level you get to see all the different ability's that the spiders in the Campaign/Freeplay have, (all though you get 4 ability's and the Campaign/freeplay spiders only get 3.