Other games to avoid burnout

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I was wondering what other games people were playing that also enjoy EotU. Personally, I jumped into XCOM Enemy Within, and have now gotten hooked on the Long War Rebalance mod.

I would also like to play a tactical video game that includes the war between two teams. My elder brother used to play Empires of the undergrowth. Generally, I used to play Call of Duty which is a shooter video game. There are many series of Call of Duty like Black Ops, Modern Warfare, etc. You can also buy Call of Duty World War 2 if you are interested in playing a shooter video game. This game can also be played on either PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One etc.

I would also like to install the best VPN and play a tactical video game that includes the war between two teams. My elder brother used to play Empires of the undergrowth. Generally, I used to play Call of Duty which is a shooter video game. There are many series of Call of Duty like Black Ops, Modern Warfare, etc. You can also buy Call of Duty World War 2 if you are interested in playing a shooter video game. This game can also be played on either PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One etc.

I'm curious, do you guys not only switch games but genres too when you get burned out of a game? I do. I can't, for example, hop from one MMO to another if I got burned out.

Last edited:

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
I play a wide variety of stuff. Despite the subject matter of our game, RTS is not my favourite genre - I'm primarily an FPS guy. Currently playing through Dishonored 2 which is great.

Mr_Ced

Colony
Got done with making a minigame in Minecraft. It is basically people being dropped into an arena with a bed as their spawnpoint, and the environment is pretty small. They can do whatever thy choose to defend their bed.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
MrCed2003 said:
Got done with making a minigame in Minecraft. It is basically people being dropped into an arena with a bed as their spawnpoint, and the environment is pretty small. They can do whatever thy choose to defend their bed.

I used to play Minecraft UHC with some people I met online. Essentially, there is no food regen, so any damage you take is permanent unless you can obtain golden apples or potions. You get a few teams of equal size, and they aim to kill each other. This means the game is broken into a classic survival Minecraft set-up phase, and and a PvP phase where everyone heads for the middle to fight.

The games take a long time, but Minecraft's terrain generation and other mechanics make each round pretty interesting. Any team could take heavy losses to PvE, find enough gold for a Notch apple, manage to locate melons and a fortress in the Nether, tame a horse, tame wolves, etc.

I just want to know what games are everybody playing currently, well, I used to play a shooter game like Battlefield. I think the latest series of it that is Battlefield 5 gonna be released. With this, I also used to play an adventure game on my own console.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I've picked up an old game I had on the Nintendo DS. It's a part of the Might and Magic series, but it has vastly different mechanics. It's subtitle is Clash of Heroes, and the strategy aspects of it are a ton of fun. During either the winter or summer breaks, I'm planning to make a playthrough of the whole game on Youtube, as only a few exist, and I now have access to the far superior Xbox in-game recording (comes with Windows 10 if you have an Xbox account).

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Anyone been playing Deltarune? Undertale as a whole is quite overrated, but it's still a load of fun if you like bullet hell and Toby's style of humor. Personally, I just find it a relaxing game in general.

For an additional installment (or demo of one) it's done a good job of living up to its predecessor, along with adding some new features that stay true to the original design.

Mr_Ced

Colony
Anyone here know about Little Big Planet 3? It is a game where creativity is pretty much everything down to the story itself. It supports any type of game imaginable. In fact, I made a version of EotU in it. Though it did not have things like pathfinding and food. (Both attainable with enough work) It did have enemies and a random underground network of caves. Also, the game is free to play on PlayStation with PlayStation plus. Probably one of the coolest sandbox games I've seen. It has a story mode and a community that posts its own creations.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
They are billions is good but punishing. I enjoyed it for a good long time until I got fed up losing to a single zombie slipping in. It actually has similarities to EotU in the waves.

I play everything and anything so really depends on my season of gaming. At the moment I have a fair few hours of Jurassic World Evolution racked up and am looking at progressing through and creating vids for their challenge modes after I conquer the leaf cutter missions.

Blitz674

Worker
I usually don't (unless the game is really good) play one genre of game for more than a week. I rotate between 3 or 4 different genres of game to avoid burn out

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
Warframe for some action. Factorio or RimWorld (pretty soon) to play something more strategic again after I'm done with EotU. Garry's Mod (Hogwards RP) to have some role to slip into and because I love Harry Potter :D.
Also a game called reallife where I go to work need to sleep and eat and take care of my indoor garden and ants. Oh wait. That's just just my every day life. It got hyperrealistic graphics tho. xD

Warframe for some action. Factorio or RimWorld (pretty soon) to play something more strategic again after I'm done with EotU. Garry's Mod (Hogwards RP) to have some role to slip into and because I love Harry Potter :D.
Also a game called reallife where I go to work need to sleep and eat and take care of my indoor garden and ants. Oh wait. That's just just my every day life. It got hyperrealistic graphics tho. xD
Yeah warframe is decent since they updated it a few years ago. Much better then initial release.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
That reminds me of when I played Sea of Thieves last summer. The original state of the game was pretty mediocre, and it was genuinely a disappointment for the hype around it, but apparently there have been some pretty big updates that fixed a lot of the big complaints it started out with.

Might return to it this summer to see how it's fairing.