Formicarium Trapjaws (and others!) - I've Finally Done It!

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
Also, everyone - be sure to backup your save files before editing them. I almost lost one because I forgot to copy a line of binary code when 'transplanting' the data.
Since army ant media/majors and slave makers are in the Other Foot, and since that level is already in the game, have you tried copying and pasting their code as well in the same way you did with the extremis units to make them buildable?

TheRexYo

Queen
Since army ant media/majors and slave makers are in the Other Foot, and since that level is already in the game, have you tried copying and pasting their code as well in the same way you did with the extremis units to make them buildable?
There isn't a save file for the Other Foot, since the level's progression isn't saved the way Extremis' is.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Normal people: you can’t play as trap jaws, they aren’t in the formicarium yet.
OP: New objective: play as trapjaw ants.

TheRexYo

Queen
Also, Fire Ants are definitively in the code. The developers must have something of an idea for them already. I also found their Formicarium upgrades list, but I won't say what's in it so as to preserve the developer's privacy (sorry John!).

TheRexYo

Queen
Well, I've accomplished a lot today. I managed to add every ant to the Formicarium, changed my Freeplay save so that it will always load Extremis, and messed with Freeplay difficulty by setting it to 1000. I'd say, all in all, that this game has a lot of 'hidden potential'. XD

TheRexYo

Queen
Anyway, I'd like to ask the Developers something. Is it at all a problem, what I'm doing? Because I've already uncovered stuff I probably shouldn't have. Like, say - Fire Ant code. It's your game, so if it bothers you, I'll stop. Just want to know, is all.

EDIT: Well, technically, it's not code. Just a couple strings like "bFireAnt" and a few ability names which I won't mention.

TheRexYo

Queen
Also, for anyone who's wondering how in the world I found the stuff for Fire Ants, lets just say I looked in a certain executable file, lol. Apparently, text editors can open them.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Also, for anyone who's wondering how in the world I found the stuff for Fire Ants, lets just say I looked in a certain executable file, lol. Apparently, text editors can open them.
Can you make non ants spawn in as friendlies? I ask because of the battle arena.