Questions About The New Update

Ashton.K

Worker
I meant to put this in my other post but forgot halfway through, so I'll put them here instead, also sorry, I just realised it's more of a "Feedback/Suggestions" kinda thing but anyway, I have a couple questions about this new update (or whenever the features came into the game, it's been a while).

Does depth effect the evolution of creatures currently in the game? I'm assuming it will in the future, but I'm just wondering if I'm wasting my time going back and fourth between "deep" and the others.

There are several areas that say "Available in Demo", what exactly does that mean...? I thought it might be developer stuff but is there some kind of special version I'm missing out on?

That's all my questions, I thought I had more but guess not. Have a good day!

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I’ve never seen the Available in Demo section but I think none of us is really missing out, because, you’re playing the Demo so I don’t know why it would have some areas that say Available in Demo, the closest thing I can find to match the areas that say it is Not available in menu, and there’s currently no special version.

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I meant to put this in my other post but forgot halfway through, so I'll put them here instead, also sorry, I just realised it's more of a "Feedback/Suggestions" kinda thing but anyway, I have a couple questions about this new update (or whenever the features came into the game, it's been a while).

Does depth effect the evolution of creatures currently in the game? I'm assuming it will in the future, but I'm just wondering if I'm wasting my time going back and fourth between "deep" and the others.
It doesn't yet, so sorry if you've been going back and forth. Eventually I do hope to model the affects of pressure on creatures, and in early testing, it had a pretty substantial effect on them. I'm also hoping to add marine snow and vent communities to help counterbalance the lack of plants.

There are several areas that say "Available in Demo", what exactly does that mean...? I thought it might be developer stuff but is there some kind of special version I'm missing out on?

That's all my questions, I thought I had more but guess not. Have a good day!
I'm afraid it may just mean that I should have had a proofreader. It is supposed to say "Unavailable in Demo" for features that are in the (not-yet-released) full game. I'll go through and check for anywhere I've gotten it backwards. Thanks for letting me know!

Ashton.K

Worker
It doesn't yet, so sorry if you've been going back and forth. Eventually I do hope to model the affects of pressure on creatures, and in early testing, it had a pretty substantial effect on them. I'm also hoping to add marine snow and vent communities to help counterbalance the lack of plants.

I'm afraid it may just mean that I should have had a proofreader. It is supposed to say "Unavailable in Demo" for features that are in the (not-yet-released) full game. I'll go through and check for anywhere I've gotten it backwards. Thanks for letting me know!
Yeah so it was fairly late at night when I wrote that and you should be happy to know it does say "Unavailable in Demo", so no issues :D

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Yeah so it was fairly late at night when I wrote that and you should be happy to know it does say "Unavailable in Demo", so no issues :D
Ha, good news indeed - thanks for updating me. I am quite a night owl myself so it was definitely a possibility