strategies for tow ?

just a small thread to post your tug of war strategies, what units do you go for first, do you micro them etc. also, has anyone beat it in insane yet ?

Army ant media, then some more army ant media, then switch to producing more army ant media instead.
Then add in some army ant majors.
Keep the enemy colony busy with worker ants to keep the food drops on your side of the map and keep building more army ant majors until you can swarm them with the majors.
The army ant media are ineffective against the enemy colony, their lvl 3 mortars will stop them from dealing any significant damage.
I might be mistaken but this is the other foot, not tug of war ?

I just won ToW, before I record it I wanted to share the strategy I used :
begin with an atta cephalotes media,
then 3 wood ants,
add 2 cephalotes
then up to 10 wood ants,
etc. you add wood ants and media until you win, this still requires some micro management though

TheRexYo

Queen
just a small thread to post your tug of war strategies, what units do you go for first, do you micro them etc. also, has anyone beat it in insane yet ?
This might sound stupid, but I'd recommend Trap-jaws in the early-game. They can take on multiple waves of enemies given time, since they are the only ants that can heal themselves in combat.

This might sound stupid, but I'd recommend Trap-jaws in the early-game. They can take on multiple waves of enemies given time, since they are the only ants that can heal themselves in combat.
atta major can heal themselves too
trap jaws are kind of separate from the rest because they're the only ant you can use alone and win without ever using other ants so they're a bit overkill

TheRexYo

Queen
atta major can heal themselves too
trap jaws are kind of separate from the rest because they're the only ant you can use alone and win without ever using other ants so they're a bit overkill
Well, they do terribly against targets with high damage per hit (like Mortars and Majors), since those can trigger their ability easily and then kill them once it ends.

Well, they do terribly against targets with high damage per hit (like Mortars and Majors), since those can trigger their ability easily and then kill them once it ends.
what majors are you reffering to ? atta or army ant ? mortars are usually easy to deal with because you can just go through enemy lines by disabling attack and re enabling it