Search results

1. HofNerd

[Bug] 0.2131 Formicarium challenge 3 scientist's hand not crushing ants when it should

I had the issue with frozen creatures before my first attempt at editing a save file a few weeks ago. And my first successful attempt at loading an edited colony save file was one week ago. So I think the frozen creatures appearing after the guides appeared is a coincidence. I understand that...
  2. HofNerd

AI colony randomly holding eggs outside? (Corrupt)

I think they like caviar.
  3. HofNerd

Optional Beta 0.22 Available Now - Tug of War, Freeplay AI

The game icon in the taskbar also turned into the UE4 icon for some reason?
  4. HofNerd

[Bug] 0.22 Freeplay: Enemy colony unit option selection applied in reverse

The brighter unit option button is the one NOT being applied. Selecting unit variant A gives the AI variant B and the other way around.
  5. HofNerd

[Bug] 0.2131 Resource Harvest upgrade effect capped at 30 food

By the power vested in me by notepad++, I edited the colony save file and found an issue!
  6. HofNerd

[Bug] 0.2131 Freeplay new setup starting difficulty slider max value not adjusting to difficulty level when making

Scraping the barrel here! There should be hardly any new bugs left to report by now. (Hearing my own voice still feels weird.) Really looking forward to the beta that's coming. Keep up the good work!
  7. HofNerd

Game crashes when I try to load a freeplay colony.

From the reporting crashes forum thread: http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.php?threads/reporting-crashes.759/
  8. HofNerd

Hours Played

Same for me. I also have a nest build 'pattern' for my freeplay colonies, using hex shaped chambers with paths through them for fast movement: http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.php?threads/screenshot-saturday-nest-design.4469/#lg=post-21307&slide=0 These images are from an old 'procedurally...
  9. HofNerd

Game crashes when I try to load a freeplay colony.

I highly recommend you post the related crash file(s), I don't think the developers can do much without them. They can be found in: Users/You/AppData/Local/EotU/Saved/Crashes You want to look for the most recently edited file(s) in the Crashes folder and post it/them here.
  10. HofNerd

Screenshot Saturday - Building a Bridge

Ohhh, fire ant bridges are looking really good! Keep up the good work! :)
  11. HofNerd

[Bug] 0.2131 Formicarium challenge 3 scientist's hand not crushing ants when it should

Don't worry. Editing the colony save file is mainly for testing purposes. It allows me to reach upgrade levels that would require a few days of farming to reach otherwise.
  12. HofNerd

I 'upgraded' the minor upgrades, including the ereptor workers' speed improvement, to level 255. So workers are very fast. I also encountered something odd. For some reason my ereptor workers with 255 lvl improved gather only harvest 30 food from a corpse at a time, even though the upgrade menu...
  13. HofNerd

Oops, yes... I forgot to mention the time. (Thank you!) I am trying to see it, but I can't find any trapjaw ants sinking in the terrain around 3:33. What I also found out about is that the scientist's hand can get confused if you are fighting outside the nest, but still have most of your ants...
  14. HofNerd

I was messing around a bit with the formicarium save data and then tried formicarium challenge 3 with the edited colony, when the scientist's hand bugged out: I will try and see if it has something to do with him tapping the glass.
  15. HofNerd

[Feedback] Formicarium mission 2.1 insane difficulty feels much easier than 2.2 insane difficulty

I haven't played the first iterations of mission 2.1. When I started playing EotU the mission was (nearly) identical to how it is now. But from others I have heared the same thing:
  16. HofNerd

[Feedback] Formicarium mission 2.1 insane difficulty feels much easier than 2.2 insane difficulty

I have found yet another level pacing for mission 2.1, and it's much better than my previous one. I cleared the entire underground on day 1, then went tigerbeetle hunting just before night 1. During night 1 I was able to kill all hermit crabs that wandered the surface. The only way I could have...
  17. HofNerd

[Bug] 0.2131 Mission 2.1 Nighttime music during the day when playing more after mission completion

The first night after that day the music stayed at the nighttime music for that mission. At the start of the following day the music returned to the daytime music.
  18. HofNerd

[Bug] 0.2131 Mission 2.1 Tiger beetle larva can sometimes become immune to drowning

The tiger beetle larva that was immune to drowning spawned on the start of day 3. (Spawn is visible on minimap.)
  19. HofNerd

[Bug] 0.2131 Ant stuck while trying to build food tile?

Was the ant stuck standing still or walking back-and-forth? I regularly see an ant going back-and-forth when going to tiles to build/upgrade or place eggs. So far the ants doing this have always unstucked after a while.