Search results

1. D

Weaver ants for the next tier maybe?

I absolutely love weaver ants but I also don't see how this is a feasible project within the game. It would take so much extensive changing of game mechanics, designing new and intricate maps that have nothing to do with the base game and on top of it all, your only enemy would be other weaver...
  2. D

[Feedback] Formicarium mission 2.1 insane difficulty feels much easier than 2.2 insane difficulty

You can send your ranged unit + melee units to the tree on the side of the map where the enemy ants spawn right in the beginning of the day so that your workers can freely farm the side of the ants, this works on all difficulties. After both pockets are empty, pull your army and workers then...
  3. D

Hours Played

599H 35m I actually want to beat The other Foot on insane on the 600th hour but the enemy colony's ranged units keep destroying me.
  4. D

Implementation of Messor Barbarus (Harvester Ants)

Both my messor structor and messor barbarus have accepted insects so far. I have noticed when they are small colonies they only take stuff they can carry alone, so try feeding them cricket legs or fruit flies in the beginning. Another thing they go crazy over is boiled egg. Offer a bit of both...
  5. D

The Friendly Spider

My experience has been less-than-optimal as I have had mealworms stuck almost every colony that I started instead of cool creatures like spiders or mantises.
  6. D

[The Other Foot Bug v0.2131] Randomly Ended Up With Defeat Screen.

I had wondered if that had happened too, where it shows high value on the bar but the actual progress bar is lower than displayed. In both cases I had indeed filled the bar to max at the start of the attack waves. I don't think so, I think I used a group of foragers of 32 regular + 19 or so...
  7. D

[The Other Foot Bug v0.2131] Randomly Ended Up With Defeat Screen.

I can also confirm the random defeats. This happened to me twice already on Insane. It was indeed during the 2nd fight where you have to send workers to the tube. Except I had already send 40+ workers to the tube and the bar was full. Halfway during I killed off a wave and then lost when there...
  8. D

Formica archboldi - A New Ranged Unit

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE https://www.antwiki.org/wiki/Formica_archboldi I really like these ants for their peculiar behaviours
  9. D

Finally Aggrandise Insane Victory!

Congratulations Buffalo! Interesting strategy here, I tried to go this build in the start but failed miserably before switching up strategies and never reverting back to it once I understood the flow of the game. Seems to be the most effective strategy still to prefer workers over soldiers and...
  10. D

Hungry Spider

How does it look like then? Got a screenshot?
  11. D

Hungry Spider

I have been playing this game for over a year and clocked close to 400 hours. Never seen the level, never played the level and probably never will as I don't adjust my gaming to natural occurrences. Last full moon (about a month ago) I started up the game and the level wasn't there. You can toy...
  12. D

Fascinating, an ant colony!

@mike I suspect you may have seen a clash between Lasius Niger and Tetramorium Caespitum sp. as they are quite common throughout Europe (both the species and the clashes between species). I own a colony of both species myself too. I have myself "adopted" a wood ant colony in the forest close to...
  13. D

Is this possible?

I have never seen this feature and I have restarted several colonies recently for the achievements and to make themed ones for freeplay (e.g. wood ant and black ant colony with royal jelly upgrades).
  14. D

Is this possible?

I am so used to grinding 1.2 Insane + challenge that I speedrun it in 10:50. If you are faster than me, I'd like to know your strategy as I am sure it can be finished one wave faster. Just haven't figured out how.
  15. D

[Feedback] Formicarium mission 2.1 insane difficulty feels much easier than 2.2 insane difficulty

My run on 2.1 Insane (with or w/o challenge) is to take all the easy food around base entrance and the 2nd ring, then start clearing out the underground. Before the 3 wave in the first night hits, the underground must be empty so you can move out immediatly after killing wave 3 and you can still...
  16. D

3.x challenge mode insane

My stats were: Time 64:21 Combat score: 19,796 Resources collected: 13,927 (wanted to snipe queen) Construction and Upgrades: 9,390 Total score: 43,133 If you can get their worker lines under control and siege their base, you can starve them of resources and you have full control over the map...
  17. D

I just beat 3.1 Insane + challenge on the second try. Tried to upload screenshots but apparantly GoG takes screens that are too large for this forum. The only difference between regular and with challenge is trying to get atleast 1 group of lvl 3 mediae and 1 group of lvl 3 majors. The majors...
  18. D

So you used an exploit to beat the level? Doesn't seem like a proper benchmark to me then. Those majors attacking you when you are ahead is part of the level. I hadn't had the ai suiciding into forest creatures yet, is this consistent every playthrough for you? I hadn't looked up a strategy...
  19. D

I will try 3.2 with challenge mode in the coming days and give you feedback on it. I think the level should be fine with the challenge, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Although 3.1 Insane as been doable from the start, I have tried making consistent strategies on this map and I haven't...
  20. D

I have tried to beat 3.1 on Insane several times now, but I can't even come close to finishing it. 3.2 I haven't tried after trying 3.1 for a day, kinda lost interest.