Search results

1. MikeSlugDisco

Can we have user made maps

On this forum "Beta Tester" refers to people who bought into the beta level back when we were doing our crowdfunding, with one or two exceptions added later. Technically yes, you are all beta testers because we're early access, but on this forum "beta" has a more specific meaning.
  2. MikeSlugDisco

Screenshot Saturday - Nine Shades of Ant

I'll come up with something! We're obviously at the end of the stuff we want to spoil but I'm sure I can do something interesting.
  3. MikeSlugDisco

You'll get a good amount of royal jelly (based on total resources you end Formicarium tier 2 with) but you'll need to build up your food and territory again. It should happen quite naturally by playing the third tier levels though - and it gives you a chance to try a new nest layout if you like...
  4. MikeSlugDisco

Will DLC(S) Be In The Game?

Updates up until v1 will be "free" - that is of course what you've paid for as early access players. Leafcutters brings us up to v0.2.
  5. MikeSlugDisco

The Leafcutter Update - Coming April 25th!

I think it was Liam just making weird sounds into the microphone for the sake of the trailer but he'll be delighted that someone got some ASMR pleasure from it :P
  6. MikeSlugDisco

It'll be in there from the 25th as part of the leafcutter update.
  7. MikeSlugDisco

As with last week, a simpler Screenshot Saturday given the imminent major update for Empires of the Undergrowth. We've added in a few new colour selections for starter colonies. Personally, we think the grey and pink look particularly great on the Formica ereptor queen!
  8. MikeSlugDisco

Will there ever be a album for EoTU's soundtrack?

Yes, it shall be a thing when the game is done.
  9. MikeSlugDisco

Will idle ants walk through refuse chambers?

Minims don't do upgrade jobs though, only leaf and refuse jobs. It would be inconsistent and therefore confusing to have the minims upgrade only refuse chambers.
  10. MikeSlugDisco

Will idle ants walk through refuse chambers?

They might wonder in and suffer sickness, but will definitely go in and suffer sickness to upgrade the tiles. The trick is to keep the refuse chamber a good long distance away from everything else if you can, so only minims depositing waste go in it. You definitely don't want it as a side...
  11. MikeSlugDisco

As long as you have the game set to keep up-to-date automatically (which I believe is the default on Steam) as soon as the update is released it should notice and queue it up for updating. If it doesn't notice immediately I've found restarting Steam will force it to. I imagine you guys will be...
  12. MikeSlugDisco

Screenshot Saturday - A Few Seconds In

Yes - following in the traditions set by Command & Conquer and Starcraft, you start this level with a partially-built nest, so you have a few extra minors and mediae to get your economy moving quickly. You'll need it.
  13. MikeSlugDisco

It's not an army ant nest. We did have 19 workers to begin with but it just wasn't very balanced, so we took it back down to 7.
  14. MikeSlugDisco

Yes. Barring unforseen issues we will try to launch simultaneously.
  15. MikeSlugDisco

Yep, in 3.2 you start with a small setup of minors and mediae. Following in the tradition of many great RTS games of partially-built bases for campaign missions, such as the Command & Conquer and Stacraft games :p
  16. MikeSlugDisco

They also take leaf cuttings from the drop-off chambers to the nursery tiles where they become fungus. Having enough minims is really important! But no, in this specific shot there aren't any minims and they don't show up on the minimap.
  17. MikeSlugDisco

The last time we had a pre-announced release was 1st December 2017, which of course was the day we went into early access properly. Our intention that time was to release about midday GMT, but that didn't happen because of the whole rejection debacle which got sorted several hours later. Not...
  18. MikeSlugDisco

Super simple one for Screenshot Saturday this week, considering how close we are. A shot of level 3.2 'Front Line' just a few seconds after loading. The most obvious thing to take away from it is that subtitles are now a thing, but there's a few other things to glean from it too.
  19. MikeSlugDisco

A "Hardcore" Option on Formicarium Creation

In which case you wouldn't play that mode, which is fine. Rayalot loves the hard difficulties and figuring out the puzzle of beating them. I love Doom 2016 but there's no way I'm playing it on Ultra Nightmare!