Search results

1. MikeSlugDisco

Screenshot Sunday - Babysitting

Time for Screenshot Saturday Sunday! Here's a pre-decoration shot of the overground section of one of the extra missions John is working on. Pre-decoration means it's yet to have its art pass done to it, to add visual details like texture variation, plants and stones. In this level, you'll...
  2. MikeSlugDisco

MacOS Save File Location

Welcome Derek, I see Matt answered this for you privately on Facebook but I'll copy the location here for posterity, and I'll update the FAQ with it. On Mac, the saved game files are at /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/EotU
  3. MikeSlugDisco

EotU is dangerous?

The game grabs some text from our website for the main menu, so it does ask for network access. Your Windows firewall will, by default, block this unless you allow it.
  4. MikeSlugDisco

July-August 2019 Newsletter

We've put out the latest newsletter, talking more about the extra missions we'll be adding (starting from the next large-ish update, the freeplay overhaul) and several other things. Go read! https://steamcommunity.com/games/463530/announcements/detail/1606017470839832537
  5. MikeSlugDisco

Simple Mission Trap Jaw Ants

We can cettainly do trapjaw side missions - but if we want a traditional nest setup we'll need to do a queen model. This isn't neccesarily a huge issue since the queens aren't all that different from the workers, but she'd still need to be rigged and animated correctly for the needed queen...
  6. MikeSlugDisco

Screenshot Saturday - Monthly Missions

We'll be talking more about this in the upcoming newsletter, but in recent streams we've been talking about something new we'll be adding to the game starting from the release of the freeplay overhaul - monthly side missions! The idea here is that, once monthly, a new side mission that's not...
  7. MikeSlugDisco

Slave maker ants

It's not as simple as just adding something; it all has to be considered in the context of the wider game. When we've come to a decision on this we'll let everyone know.
  8. MikeSlugDisco

Learning some UE4 and C++!

Learning some UE4 and C++!
  9. MikeSlugDisco

Tiger beetle larvae stuck on the ground

Thanks for that. I think it's clear it's something performance-related. I'll pass it on and see what the guys think.
  10. MikeSlugDisco

Slave maker ants

As always, we will announce dates when we feel we can meet them. Right now the game is undergoing deep changes to make it more efficient so that makes estimating times even more difficult.
  11. MikeSlugDisco

Ant gathering bug

I passed this one onto the guys. They think it might be an AI issue - it's being looked into.
  12. MikeSlugDisco

Tiger beetle larvae stuck on the ground

Please try to get some screenshots of this if it happens - I can't recall seeing it on my playthroughs. Screenshots are always useful when diagnosing problems.
  13. MikeSlugDisco

A Problem When I Start up the Game

Not sure what we can do about this - the game hasn't been changed. I believe Windows does have an option to roll back drivers if you're having issues with them.
  14. MikeSlugDisco

Other species

We can do some crazy stuff with side missions and ideas like this sound fun. Once we properly get the ball rolling on this we hope the side missions will come fairly regularly, and there's no reason you always have to be ants!
  15. MikeSlugDisco

Army Ants

We might be adding units like army ants, trapjaws in certain scenarios for the player in side missions. As it stands it's unlikely they'll get their own dedicated campaign levels.
  16. MikeSlugDisco

Screenshot Saturday - Pathfinding

It'll soon be time to get Screenshot Saturday back up and rolling again properly with new artwork and screenshots from upcoming content for Empires of the Undergrowth, but for this week, here's a little look behind the scenes of some of the optimisation work we've been doing. We're undergoing a...
  17. MikeSlugDisco

weaver ants

Suggestions are appreciated, as always. Everything is taken into consideration.
  18. MikeSlugDisco

Slave maker ants

No plans to at the moment but we might.
  19. MikeSlugDisco

Hibernation save modus

There's a technical reason we haven't done saving in the campaign. We totally would, but we're talking weeks of development per map, and we're already pretty slow with our updates. Saves work for freeplay because it's a known game state designed to be map-agnostic, without things like scripted...