Search results

1. B

3.X Insane Strategy Development

That would be great, TerrificTimmeh. I'm having trouble being aggressive enough on Day 1 while gathering enough food. Knowing how you deal with the early game and your force composition would really help.
  2. B

After playing around with the force composition again last night and watching Rayalot72's video, a few things comes to mind regarding what's necessary for a successful 3.2 Insane run: 1. Composition: A ratio of 1:1:1 worker warrior major works surprisingly well, however as TerrificTimmeh said...
  3. B

Adult mantises are the most infuriating enemy in this game. I couldn't beat 3.2 Insane even with 20 workers, 40+ warriors, 30+ majors and 1600 food in reserve. The best I could do was to push the army ants to the easternmost route by Day 5-6, when they stopped spawning and SIX adult mantises...
  4. B

Ugh, double adult leaf mantis ambushes are killing my runs on 3.2 Insane. Tried 10 worker : 20 warrior : 2 major ratio and doing better, yet the attrition rates are still making me lose even with 600+ food in reserve, 30 workers 60 warriors and 7 majors. And the adult whip spider camping at...
  5. B

Will queen chambers be upgradeable?

I would like them to be upgradable just because it's weird that everything else but them could be (with sufficient application of speed tiles). Maybe make them twice/thrice as expensive but spawn 2/3 workers per tile at level 2/3. My egg-carrying nest group usually end up needing more than just...
  6. B

Just beaten 3.1 Insane again and recorded it this time. I actually did a little worse than last time, so it was a closer run than I liked. Looking forward to seeing your successful run! I hope mine give you some ideas to beat it the way you like it. :) Yeah those spiders are annoying early...
  7. B

Finally found a strategy that worked in 3.1 Insane, but I think luck played a big part as I said above. I didn't record this run though, so I'll have to do it again later. :) Firstly, the ratio of workers to warriors to majors should about about 10:10:2. In most of my failed runs earlier, I...
  8. B

For 3.1 Insane, I've tried going workers spam, mediums spam and workers + majors only. The most success I had still required a mix of the three. I haven't tried upgrading the majors to level 3s yet. Tried both stun and taunt, don't know which is better yet. Managed to get a little over 12k (and...
  9. B

Confirmation: 2.2 Insane is still possible

Yeah, I can't beat that level anymore with mortars. I had trouble beating this new version before I took your advice, thanks. A food buffer of 1500-2000 was absolutely needed for day 3. I survived quite easily with 80 workers + 70 rapid fire + 40 soldiers, all Level 1s.
  10. B

Free Play Hardest Difficulty

Hey guys, came back to check on the game after the update. Love the new save game feature, hope we can have more campaign missions soon. :) Played around a bit with the Free Play map on hardest difficulty (Custom Species, Ramp with Spikes, Max Start Difficulty, Upkeep, Nest Invasion/Uber...
  11. B

Is Insane Mode Possible?

Congrats Rayalot. It's quite interesting that focusing on soldiers over workers went better for you. I always managed to beat 1.2 by doing the opposite. The important thing is getting enough numbers to overwhelm the invaders and gather food quick enough, I think.
  12. B

Hold Out Top Score

Well done, ebrad! :) That is seriously impressive.
  13. B

Hold Out Top Score

It was quite hectic, and I split my army between fighting off waves and getting the underground food in the caves. I think I can do better if I could get all the food earlier. I did not upgrade ants at all until wave 30+ when I had too much food and the ants were blocking each other. Tiger...
  14. B

Hold Out Top Score

Hold Out and Surrounded (Intense) are so difficult, lol. :) Managed to get to Wave 34 right now.
  15. B

Is Insane Mode Possible?

Huh. Well, did you managed to beat it now, Axelay? Does this affect mortars as well?
  16. B

Things We Want

I want that too. :) It is kind of weird in the Formicarium to have those 7 Level 1 workers while the rest of the nest is all Level 3s.
  17. B

Things We Want

I also enjoy the male scientist's antics too much to want to kill him. It would take thousands of ants to do so anyways. Unless he's allergic.
  18. B

Is Insane Mode Possible?

...Really? ??? Is that intentional?
  19. B

Is Insane Mode Possible?

Rayalot, it took me 5+ tries to beat 1.2 before I got a good strategy. I usually lose because I got too greedy and used up too much food at a critical moment. Where do you find most difficult with the map? Know that I use both my workers and soldiers to defend against waves at the bottleneck I...
  20. B

Is Insane Mode Possible?

Axelay, thanks for watching my video! It's interesting how similar our starting strategies are. :) You mentioned that you had more ants than I did by night 2 3rd wave. Note that I was also cutting it a bit short there in the video, and had lost plenty of times there before. The key is to get...