Search results

1. Serafine

Player creature competition -> pre-made creature selection at start

Reading the Launch Day post and the thing about creatures being completely random (and some players struggling to realize that they start basically with blobs that just wiggle around randomly) I had an idea. Let's make a player "competition" to create some fairly efficient creatures - some of...
  2. Serafine

Segmented creatures

Someone in Discord was asking if the game gets Arthropods and this got me thinking... The current "blobfish" we have in the game are basically a singular central body part (containing eyes, mouth, etc.) with random fins (or lumps of flesh) attached. This seriously limits their ability to mutate...
  3. Serafine

The surface

I've been think about this for a while and it seems to me that gameplay-wise the entire area above the ground - open water and the surface in particular - very much feels like wasted space right now. The camera being unable to rise above the surface also feels very arbitrary and is kind of...
  4. Serafine

Increased view range/less water opacity

Would it be possible to add a slider for view/render range? You don't need to zoom out a lot for the upper half of the screen becoming a solid blue blob which is pretty frustrating (it gets worse at lower angles though around 60° is sufficient for the effect to take place). My PC doesn't have...
  5. Serafine

More gradual food point income

Hey, it would be great if there was a very low food point income (either something like 1 point every 5 minutes or something relative to plant growth across the map) as it's a bit annoying to have to wait 20-30 minutes for another (of the extremely rare) milestone(s) to pop up and give you some...
  6. Serafine

"Meat plants" needed for predator evolution

I know the point of predators is to hunt other fish but I've noticed that it is really difficult (potentially impossible at some point) to introduce predators into an ecosystem later on when the herbivores and filterfeeders have already learned to swim kind of well. Having some sort of...
  7. Serafine

QOL circle drawing

I found drawing circles (particularly the breeding ground) can be a bit difficult, it would probably work much better if the cursor stayed the center of the cirle and some key (or the mouse wheel) is used to increase/decrease it's radius (so the center of the circle can be moved around)...
  8. Serafine

Idle ants

I noticed that idle ants especially around the queen tend to run around A LOT, this obviously puts quite some strain on the system (especially due to the constant pathfinding). The thing is - it's not necessary. Idle ants don't run around. Actually they will basically stay in place until they...
  9. Serafine

[Bug] 1.2 Victory condition ignores mole crickets

1.2 ends after beating the final F. sanguinea wave even if mole crickets are present on the map. 1.1 once had the same bug but it got fixed there.
  10. Serafine

Freeplay's core problem

After playing several matches of Freeplay I've come to the conclusion that I don't really like the mode and that the missions are much more fun. The main issue with Freeplay - and this is pretty much the core issue of Freeplay that causes all the other issues the game mode has - is that...
  11. Serafine

Some 2.1 issues (bugs/glitches)

1) Not a bug but a graphical issue. This wall should be removed. It doesn't look good and since it doesn't have any gameplay purpose removing it wouldn't affect the level at all (except for making it look better). 2) This tiny stretch of terrain allows you access to the plateau at the upper...
  12. Serafine

[enemy idea] Bombadeer Bug

Bombadeer Bug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWwgLS5tK80 The Bombadeer Bug is a carnivorous beetle with a very powerful self-defense. Biome: The Bombadier Bug can be found in pretty much every biome. Role: Major annoyance. Behaviour: The Bombadier Bug is on the hunt for smaller creatures...
  13. Serafine

Screenshot Saturday Suggestion

Can you make a hermit crab fashion show? They have some really nice houses and you rarely have the time to admire their beauty (before your ants slaughter them).
  14. Serafine

@SlugDisco, please take care you don't get scammed by fake review sites

There are review pages that prey on Indie developers - they will ask for keys to "review the game" and then for more keys "to give to their followers". However they will either just copy reviews from other (real) review pages or don't put up a review at all. And if you give them additional keys...
  15. Serafine

Please take a look at this I've put quite some work into it (ingame economy)

This is a fully-fledged ingame economy concept for EotU (including the required UI elements) fixing several issues with food gathering, economy deadlocks, engagement deadlocks, slave-taker ant mechanics and generally making the colony look much more alive and closer to a real ant colony. Please...
  16. Serafine

Suggestion: Give all formicine ants a long CD high damage CQB "spray" attack

All formicine ants (Formica soldiers, Camponotus, Lasius, Nylanderia) should have a high damage "spray" attack with a long cooldown, that only works in close combat. Same goes for ants that have a stinger (the sting woudl work similar to the acid attack). Reasons: - Realism Now I know this...
  17. Serafine

Linked groups

So with the new pheromone marker system (that from the latest demo) I've recognized that I've started to use groups differently from how as you would expect (or maybe exactly how it was actually planed?). So what I'm doing is I don't set markers for each group when they need to go somewhere...
  18. Serafine

Issues with seeing/picking up food bits

Ants sometimes are not seeing food bits or are having trouble to pick them up. Moving them away from the area and then back or moving in a different group of ants (that follows a different marker) usually helps. Simply reassigning the ants present in the area to another marker in the same area...
  19. Serafine

Fog of war, ant field of view

Will there be a fog of war in this game? If yes, please remember that different ant species have different eyesight. Myrmecia bull ants for example have phenomenal vision, Camponotus sugar ants are pretty decent (they can see you coming from more than a meter), Messor harvester ants are pretty...
  20. Serafine

Groups with more than 1000 ants can't be displayed properly in the group menu

Not sure how relevant this is. The game becomes hard to play due to the tab-UI (markers, health bars) flickering out at 800+ total ants anyway.