Search results

1. VarmintLP

How about a battle mode?

Hey, I am not sure if anyone has sugguested this idea already, but how about a multiplayer battle mode. The idea being that you could choose your colony or the host decides which ants are used. The maps could be either premade / prearranged or auto generated, in case this is already a thing...
  2. VarmintLP

Something interesting (Video Link)

For the Army Ants in case they should make it back to the game with more info. ;) Video Link
  3. VarmintLP

Found this today

When searching for the forums page I found this article on a German website. Heise Article They basically wrote only positiv things about the game and that it will get leaf cutter ants in a futur update which we already have by now. :D But the article was released in 2019. Also not sure if I...
  4. VarmintLP

Implementation of Messor Barbarus (Harvester Ants)

Hello guys, This might be more a question than a sugguestion but here it goes. As an antkeeper of this species I was wondering if you were maybe planning or thinking about implementing the species Messor Barbarus. I find them really great and would love to see them at some point in the game. I...
  5. VarmintLP

How about adding a meme mode?

Hey, When I read the off topic earlier I had a random and probably crazy idea. How about adding a meme mode. Basically turning some of the sounds into memes. For example when your queen dies, the coffin dance meme plays, either by sound or as a visual random gag where some ants appear and pick...
  6. VarmintLP

How to implement Polygyn antspecies / game mode into the game?

So I had written the quote below, what? 5 to 10 minutes ago?, and I had an idea. How about addid a polygyn colony. The story could be the following. The queen has freshly matted so you see your queen walk into the nest and you have to dig out a tunnel that leads to an area with 2 queen sized...
  7. VarmintLP

Idea for Solenopsis Invicte Story quest

This is in regards to http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.php?threads/screenshot-saturday-fire-ant-bridges-wip.4776/ You know that they are very well at swimming on the calm or slowly flowing water and that they build rafts to survive floods etc. So how about you make a level that combines the...
  8. VarmintLP

Optional Goals: 2-2

As I had suguessted during the last stream, it would be great to have the option to attack the other colonys in 2-2. I liked that feature in 3-1 and the last story mission. It would be really awesome if that was an option. Of course it would mean that if you manage to beat one of the two...
  9. VarmintLP

Spidery enemy

Hello there, I just found out about a jumping spider which imitates the bahavior of ants which might be interesting for the game since it would fit into the whole thing. Sadly the english Wikipedia arcticle doesn't contain much information but the german one at least got some more info on...
  10. VarmintLP

Antlion

If not already planned it would be interesting to have some antlions which could set up camp on a map to lure some ants into it's trap. Perhaps they could be invincible and I actually found some really nice footage for your guys to use which is also very important in the recreation of the...
  11. VarmintLP

The firebug. A feeding insect or decorative insect to hunt

Stumbled across this animal which is native to Luxembourg and sometimes swarms like crazy which makes it that they are to be spoted everywhere. Since they are feeding on seeds they also could be enemies of a harvester colony which has it's nest close to the plants that host the same seeds as...
  12. VarmintLP

Bombardier beetle

I thought that this beetle could be very interesting for everyone to encounter at some point in the game. :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_beetle The bombardier beetle is able to literally roast it's enemies with a cocktail of two chemicals which mixed will lead to a reaction...
  13. VarmintLP

A new enemy (a behemoth)

I just remembered that there are some insects that might be interesting and one of those is the ironclad beetle. I came across a video of a youtuber and he usually does some really good research and finds the most stupid facts which still are true. One of his videos was about the ironclad beetle...
  14. VarmintLP

More antspecies and ideas to imprement them

Hello there, JohnSlugDisco actually told me that it would be a great idea to put the idea of my sugguestion into the sugguestion area so here I go. I'm a bit tired from work so I thought why not just quote what I wrote to share this with everyone in the right section. So to add more...
  15. VarmintLP

Hello from Luxembourg

Hello everyone, I'm already registered since a couple of months but kinda forgot about it. haha To introduce myself, some know me as Nico or AntsLuxembourg. I'm a hobby antkeeper and indoor gardener (herbs, avocados, Paprikas and a bonsai) who loves to cook and do stuff on the computer. Working...
  16. VarmintLP

Upgrade losing resources

Hi, I just noticed during today's stream that there is a bug which might have been overlooked or I am just one of those stupid people who of course had to find this bug. haha So what happened: I was about to upgrade a field with 6 points. At the same time I was clearing more space. So what...
  17. VarmintLP

New playmode or mission

Hey, Here a simple version of the idea. How about a mode where you try to invade another colonies nest. :) Would be awesome to invade them and use their place from there on. It would also be awesome to have a colony with multiple queens since some species got more than just one queen they could...
  18. VarmintLP

The lazy and easy game

Hello there my fellow antlovers, First of all I love this game and I am so happy to have the chance to have found it last year and to play it. I was a bit disappointed when the game came out without a useful continued play mode but now it's out there. I'm an Antkeeper myself and I also don't...