Search results

1. S

Ants knocked back into unreachable terrain

I think MedinBurnic was using "red part" to mean an area not covered by a navmesh. There is no innate meaning for the colour red to mean "I shouldn't go there" other than to be a visual guide for the user (it's meaningless to the game's code, and in lower-level code the navmesh labels will...
  2. S

New creature spoiler in twitch stream a few days ago

I always thought it weird when I heard "velvet worms" in the narration and never actually encountered them (unless they're hidden somewhere I've never ventured to, which isn't surprising since I've always frantically tried to finish them). Now, it's justified. :D
  3. S

Music Files

You can use Gildorf's UE Viewer on the game's PAK file. I'll let you figure out where the sound files are on your own (it's clearly labelled anyway). At a certain point it will ask you about the Unreal Engine version used for the game. On Windows at least you can find this out by checking out...
  4. S

Lighting issue on Mac?

Try System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Invert Colors. I don't know whether it also affects the colors in-game though, since I've just refreshed my Mac install and most of the stuff I had installed is gone. I have a vibe that this is a driver problem, but apparently the mid-2012...
  5. S

Lighting issue on Mac?

I think Apple manages the graphics drivers for you on MacOS. Unless you're using a Hackintosh or eGPU, out-of-date drivers aren't usually a concern on MacOS as long as you're using the most up-to-date OS release. With that said, the current stable for Mojave seems to be 10.14.4, while the OP is...
  6. S

Cancelling the build of leafcutter food/refuse tiles won't return food costs

After a bit more (accidental) testing, it seems the game is using the previous sell value instead of the current one, so it does return food costs correctly as long as the second tile is built. So here's an amendment to the reproduction steps. 1. Start any leafcutter level. 2. Build the first...
  7. S

"A.I. Colonies Only" Option for Freeplay

Historically, I think I've watched the AI play RTS more than I've actually played them myself (I suck at RTS multi-tasking), so this should be fun if it's added. A couple of related ideas: 1) Ability to place enemies into the battlefield (like in post-formicarium 2 challenge or battle arena)...
  8. S

Cancelling the build of leafcutter food/refuse tiles won't return food costs

When building tiles, as long as no ant has arrived to build the tile I usually can click on it again to cancel the build, giving back all the food I used for the tile. For leafcutter food/refuse tiles, the payback value is always zero even when it's not the first tile built (which costs zero...