Search results

1. TheRexYo

You should post this in an actual thread if possible, it'd be easier for the developers to see...

You should post this in an actual thread if possible, it'd be easier for the developers to see it then (I don't think they go around checking people's profile posts). Also, you're a grandmother(father?)? My grandpa only really plays Civilization in terms of video games, though I must admit he's...
  2. TheRexYo

I've done some testing on Army Ants and Trapjaws. It's taken longer than I'd have wanted because...

I've done some testing on Army Ants and Trapjaws. It's taken longer than I'd have wanted because I'm starting college. So far, I've learned a few things, but most of my data isn't ready yet. It'll be awhile longer; luckily, once the Fire Ant update is out, I should be able to include them in it...
  3. TheRexYo

Freeplay setup idea

Yes. However, the suggestion is still valid. There isn't an option that lets you change the settings based on the time of day. That being said, I think this idea needs a bit more coding than it would actually be worth.
  4. TheRexYo

Freeplay New gene Thief

Not necessarily too much to offer, but rather to much time to spend working on it. Adding the ToW colony to freeplay would take a bit of UI coding (so you can actually select it) but would not require much else. However, the ToW colony also lacks workers, so I have a feeling it would take more...
  5. TheRexYo

Freeplay New gene Thief

It would probably be better if they just let you customize your colony as you please at Freeplay setup.
  6. TheRexYo

Is it possible to play without ads?

The only adverts in this game are the recommended games section. It's literally just two things - Ecosystem and EotU itself - which are both by SlugDisco. If any other adverts are appearing, you probably got a fake copy.
  7. TheRexYo

New Game+

A New-Game+ feature (if you don't know what that is, it's basically an option you get when starting a new save that lets you do things you couldn't do the first time around, such as use your old stats and levels in an RPG) would extend replayability by a large factor. Here's a few ideas for...
  8. TheRexYo

(Upcoming) Ant Analysis

Hello everyone! I'm working on a testing-based analysis of the Army Ant Media, the first of a series of "reports" I intend to make about the balance of various units currently in the game. The reason I'm posting now instead of when it's finished is that I need to make sure I'm not missing any...
  9. TheRexYo

I don't want to say anything about whether Army Ants or Fire Ants are better, but I will say...

I don't want to say anything about whether Army Ants or Fire Ants are better, but I will say that they have a similar purpose. That's already been revealed, though.
  10. TheRexYo

Devstreams

I just realized that John hasn't streamed in a LONG time. Is everything alright on your guys' end?
  11. TheRexYo

In real life or in-game?

In real life or in-game?
  12. TheRexYo

Screenshot Saturday - Checkered Beetle Larva

If you are being serious, it's an onomatopoeia that has become a pseudo-meme over time.
  13. TheRexYo

Suggestion: Ereptor Editor

Did someone invite Scientist #2 to the forum again?
  14. TheRexYo

Concept for Slave-makers

Another point to make, what happens when you obtain an egg from a level 3 chamber? Level 4 ants? XD
  15. TheRexYo

Suggestion: 1 special ant selection after beating formicarium challenge 5

Trapjaws are OP right now, but remember, they should be balanced by full release.
  16. TheRexYo

Also, one more thing. Army Ant Medias are NOT weak. They are extremely cheap and do a LOT of damage for their cost, which makes them rather useful early on. If you always go for the expensive ants, you won't be able to get enough food to sustain them, or even build them in the first place lol.
  17. TheRexYo

In case you're replying to me, the same applies to getting a single ant for free. Also, you encounter the unplayable ants in the campaign anyway, so what are you even talking about? :/
  18. TheRexYo

Personally, I don't think there should be a need to do this. Why not just have a post-release thing where you can purchase other ant types using Royal Jelly? It's not like they break the balance, since all units are intended to be balanced compared to one another, and thus by full release they...
  19. TheRexYo

Optional Beta 0.23 - Final Fixes for Engine Upgrade

Wait, randomized caverns were broken?
  20. TheRexYo

Screenshot Saturday - The Little Black Ant (Monomorium minimum)

Wood Ant soldiers don't do a lot of damage (they're meant to take hits rather than deal them) so that isn't really saying much.