Search results

1. D

Sweetwater

The species Lasius Flavus who live primarily underground actually build seperate chambers for their root aphids they keep underground. They have access to root aphids that create honeydew from grass roots, but of course also many other plants, how efficient is that? It's even suggested through...
  2. D

Leafcutter media origins

Worth watching if you want to learn more about leafcutter ants: Ancient Megalopolis of leafcutters: Book: I can also recommend Journey to the Ants from B. Hölldobbler & Edward O. Wilson In any case, simply put, Atta Cephalotes has 4 castes (minims, minors, mediae and majors). However...
  3. D

Tug of War Colony in Freeplay

I love how his name is Antlover556 but has a spider as a profile picture. Also, one of my friends' ant colony was murdered by a spider overwinter, the spider simply made camp in the front of the testtube and ate them one by one over the course of winter. So if you are truly an antlover, you feed...
  4. D

youtube channels

I can recommend HofNerd as him and I have a similar approach to the game, with regard to basebuilding but also challenging ourselves with weird build orders or putting restrictions on playthroughs to make them more difficult. I have seen only a few video's from him but from what I saw, he knows...
  5. D

Suggestion: Alternative / Side Campaigns

I somehow feel this will be a natural update at some point, because the release of "The Other Colony" will need some mechanics to upgrade them if they are to become viable for long-term freeplays. If they add talent points to upgrade the individual ants for royal jelly, it's just a small step to...
  6. D

Suggestion: More Ant Choices in Campaign

This idea would be nice just to add more diversity, complexity and replay-ability to the game. I can imagine this is already in the planning, just not first priority. Fire ant development should go first too imo, as I am looking forward to playing new campaign maps. I think at this point I have...
  7. D

Screenshot Saturday - He's Coming Back

It will always one-shot you. You have to slow it with the ranged attack and let the wolfspider walk through your poison while you don't get hit. Edit: took me several tries to find this out, but you have level the aoe poison first and the ranged attack second, bite last.
  8. D

0.22101 Release - Freeplay AI Colonies, New Freeplay Map, New Extra Levels

Awesome news! Is there a way to upgrade the soldiers of The other Foot?
  9. D

Screenshot Saturday - He's Coming Back

I finished it twice already and didn't get the achievement. I'll run it again to see if it unlocks this time.
  10. D

Weaver ants for the next tier maybe?

I absolutely love weaver ants but I also don't see how this is a feasible project within the game. It would take so much extensive changing of game mechanics, designing new and intricate maps that have nothing to do with the base game and on top of it all, your only enemy would be other weaver...
  11. D

[Feedback] Formicarium mission 2.1 insane difficulty feels much easier than 2.2 insane difficulty

You can send your ranged unit + melee units to the tree on the side of the map where the enemy ants spawn right in the beginning of the day so that your workers can freely farm the side of the ants, this works on all difficulties. After both pockets are empty, pull your army and workers then...
  12. D

Hours Played

599H 35m I actually want to beat The other Foot on insane on the 600th hour but the enemy colony's ranged units keep destroying me.
  13. D

Implementation of Messor Barbarus (Harvester Ants)

Both my messor structor and messor barbarus have accepted insects so far. I have noticed when they are small colonies they only take stuff they can carry alone, so try feeding them cricket legs or fruit flies in the beginning. Another thing they go crazy over is boiled egg. Offer a bit of both...
  14. D

The Friendly Spider

My experience has been less-than-optimal as I have had mealworms stuck almost every colony that I started instead of cool creatures like spiders or mantises.
  15. D

[The Other Foot Bug v0.2131] Randomly Ended Up With Defeat Screen.

I had wondered if that had happened too, where it shows high value on the bar but the actual progress bar is lower than displayed. In both cases I had indeed filled the bar to max at the start of the attack waves. I don't think so, I think I used a group of foragers of 32 regular + 19 or so...
  16. D

[The Other Foot Bug v0.2131] Randomly Ended Up With Defeat Screen.

I can also confirm the random defeats. This happened to me twice already on Insane. It was indeed during the 2nd fight where you have to send workers to the tube. Except I had already send 40+ workers to the tube and the bar was full. Halfway during I killed off a wave and then lost when there...
  17. D

Formica archboldi - A New Ranged Unit

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE https://www.antwiki.org/wiki/Formica_archboldi I really like these ants for their peculiar behaviours
  18. D

Finally Aggrandise Insane Victory!

Congratulations Buffalo! Interesting strategy here, I tried to go this build in the start but failed miserably before switching up strategies and never reverting back to it once I understood the flow of the game. Seems to be the most effective strategy still to prefer workers over soldiers and...
  19. D

Hungry Spider

How does it look like then? Got a screenshot?
  20. D

Hungry Spider

I have been playing this game for over a year and clocked close to 400 hours. Never seen the level, never played the level and probably never will as I don't adjust my gaming to natural occurrences. Last full moon (about a month ago) I started up the game and the level wasn't there. You can toy...