Search results

1. Granogg

enable/disable food and fight button bug

I can confirm this bug. I think it depends on what button is pressed before you switch group: IIRC, disabling fighting and then switch group and back, will show both as enabled again. Disabling food collecting and switching group and back will then show both disabled.
  2. Granogg

user friendly fixes

Better / more control over the camera is also pretty high on my wish-list ... not being able to rotate the camera makes me upset :)
  3. Granogg

somthing cool that shouldent be too hard to add

Actually I would love to have the "original color" option, thus have the ants look like they really do instead of artificial coloring. When it comes to combat, the only real method to distinguish forces is pressing "c" anyway :) At least when you have 200 of your own + the enemy forces as I've...
  4. Granogg

"Forage" Group

Hi all, it would be pretty neat to have a "forage" group that will work mostly autonomous like the "nest" group does. The forage group should be for the outside world and look for food on their own, marking it and forming ant trails. They could also mark enemies or avoid rival colony...
  5. Granogg

Ants don´t respawn - food is plenty

I noticed this also happens when you're expanding way too fast, e.g. send out most workers to do jobs on stage 2.2 and dig out lots in the nest while constantly losing single ants to predators or rival colonies. At some point the colony felt like it had "stopped" working until I took a pack of...
  6. Granogg

(Mac) Rising Tide Worker Glitch

I also considered this an awesome detail and in fact pondered if it was intentional - good that that's answered now ;) I also liked finding the other dead queen, one that apparently was not successful when founding a colony! I hope we get *lots* more of such awesome details when playing through...
  7. Granogg

Civ 6 Ant Mod

I don't own Civ 6 and currently don't play on buying it any time soon :)
  8. Granogg

Ideas for the next update

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that... guess it is time to get the old SNES from the basement. And try to find a copy of SimAnt on a garage sale or so :D @Topic: There is a LOT of very, very good ideas being posted all the time and I'm sure the devs notice at least some of them. The list...
  9. Granogg

Update frequency / plans

Dear Mike, thanks for the answer! 6-8 weeks between content updates sounds quite reasonable. I hope the game sells well enough to allow for a lot to come :D I still dream of dozens of ant races being playable... :)
  10. Granogg

Update frequency / plans

Hello, hello :) Will we get some information about the planned update frequency? Like, can we expect an update every 2, 4 or 8 weeks with one or two new levels? What features are going to be released first, e.g. sandbox or more campaign levels?
  11. Granogg

Fill empty tiles

There is nothing wrong with turtle tactics, in fact most founding queens are doing exactly that, claustral colony founding (digging a hole, close it from the inside, lay some eggs and wait). There is also quite some ant species that have developed turtle tactics so far that there are specialized...
  12. Granogg

[Forum] Avatar URL can not be https

Hi! Just tried to modify my avatar and pointed to an https:// link. That did not work, no error message, nothing. Using an avatar from a URL that's only http:// works fine. It would be nice to have either an error message that https links are not supported or ideally, support them :)
  13. Granogg

Change Log 0.1141 - Crash Fixes

Launching on a friday and spending the weekend doing hotfixes sure shows some dedication! Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to many updates :D
  14. Granogg

Bad balancing and the grind

I for one agree that everything above Medium feels like the difficulty goes up a little too steep. I understand that "Insane" should by definition be a bit frustrating until figuring out how to finally beat the mission nonetheless, but all difficulties should be beatable somehow :)
  15. Granogg

[Wishes] A few things :D

So here is my "I wish" thread! * I wish for larger maps, as in - WOW, so large. Maybe even procedurally generated! * Of course to populate that, I also wish to be able to have thousands or tens of thousands ants later in the game (or on a huge endless mode). That sould make for some epic...
  16. Granogg

[S] Revenge

I feel that the lab guy is really slightly overdrawn and already in the area of animal cruelty. There is actually no use to "put a colony against other colonies" to test them. Test them for what? Survivability in a simulated and small enclosure that takes away many of the possible ways to handle...
  17. Granogg

[UI] Camera controls

Hi, it would be nice to have more control over the camera. Rotation and at least some panning wouldn't hurt :)
  18. Granogg

[Mechanics] Speed control

Hi, since it is not possible to save in missions - and even if that will be implemented some day - please add a speed control to slow down things if necessary. Or speed up a bit if nothing interesting is happening :) I'd say a x0.5 and x2 speed would work quite nice :')
  19. Granogg

Worker ant stuck in upper left tunnel opening

I can confirm this issue as well. Just had it on Formicarium challenge 2, where one of my ants got stuck on that same spot and there was some erratic behaviour when enemies walked by, such as stopping any movement for a few seconds then march on :)
  20. Granogg

And here I go :)

Hi all! Unfortunately I had not heard of the game in the earlier kickstarter wave, for I sure had baught in. Ah, well, with steam holding the game to my face I could not resist. For more than 20 years I keep ants in formicariums. First only common garden ants (Lasius niger) but soon also...