0.1142 Change Log

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
*Edit* This is now available for Mac and Linux

At the moment these are still mostly bug fixes, however there are a couple of balance changes and additions in there as well! We very much appreciate your feedback and do keep letting us know if any issues occur.

Additions and Improvements

• Added photo mode:
    • Please note - this is an early feature. It is fully possible to see off the edge of the map or inside the terrain with this feature. Additionally, there are some issues with shadows that will be looked into in forthcoming builds
    • By default F9 will enter photo mode. This Pauses the game, hides the UI and gives you control of a unique camera allowing you to get closer screenshots and interesting angles. Additionally, you can unpause and re-pause the game whilst in this mode. Note the photo mode camera is tethered to a limited distance from the initial point the camera was activated
  • Digging out the tunnel to the surface is now done in the same way as tagging any other tile to dig
  • Formicarium ability purchases can now be swapped for the other (but for the full cost)
  • Subtle increase of light levels underground
  • Formicarium challenge mission button graphic updated to make it more obvious it is a mission
  • Alert message added about seeds dropping on the surface each time you receive seed rewards
  • Changes to Mac build to allow lower OS requirements
  • Updates to Formica ereptor queen animations
  • OpenGL has been added to windows (considered alpha)

Balance Changes

• Beach wolf spider nest behaviour has been changed - It will now path to random nursery tiles for 40 - 60s. During this time it will not attack the queen. This should give players time to respond to the attacks even if they have nurseries right next to the queen.
  • Pop cap changed to 100 / 125 / 150 (from 50 / 100 / 150) allowing more ants to be used for formicarium challenge 1
  • 2.1 Night creatures will now attack the player if they are attacked at night
  • 2.1 When a night creature takes damage on the surface it may attract other night creatures (1 every 5 seconds) to its location

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where dead spiders (and possibly other creatures) could not be harvestable if they die on top of the surface tunnel (let us know if this still happens)
  • Fix added for mass of eggs appearing at the queens rear. This was caused by a tile being deleted before it received an egg. The job is now removed as well as any eggs currently in transit to the tile
  • Collision shape fixes for surface tunnel - ants should no longer get stuck in the walls
  • Creature instant kills (water, spiders, tile removals) now always kill the creature
  • Fixed an issue where upgrading an ant would not update its maximum health stat
  • Fix added where pheromone markers placed on tunnel exit could sometime hit an invisible sphere and end up in the sky - the ants could not reach it and froze
  • Removed code that stopped multiple version of the game being open at the same time (It was happening if you had any Unreal Engine game open which has undesired effects)
  • Large Beach Wolf Spider devour ability now removes the ant it eats, rather than the ant floating in the air, along with other fixes for the ability
  • Possible fix added for Oculus Home opening when the game was started. Let us know if this is still happening!
  • Fix added for surface torch being on in the ending cutscene
  • Fixed some pebbles in 2.1
  • Disabled access to the wiki from the tech tree (currently wiki only has placeholder text)
  • Time bonus has been removed for levels 2.1 and 2.2, as these levels cannot be completed any faster
  • Fix added to reduce (and hopefully prevent) creatures getting stuck when moving from above to below ground
  • Fixed some issues that could cause eggs to be dropped on floor where there is no nursery
  • Fixed some issues where text would appear un-wrapped then suddenly wrap in tooltips
  • Royal Jelly tooltip in tech tree corrected
  • Fixed a typo on the rapid fire wood ant tooltip
  • Fixed a typo in challenge mode

chz

Larva
I like the photo mode very much. This game already has some very nice and new aspects that makes it interesting. Things like the photo mode are great additions (besides gaemplay, balance etc.) that let a good game become a favorite.

I have one question, when you do challenge 1 will is be more balanced so where we can actually beat it?
I apologize if i asked this at a wrong time and you already fixed it.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Apparently January or February was their plan for the 3.1 and 3.2, but freeplay was going to come sooner (a few weeks specifically was their statement I think).

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
That is if everything goes well (which, speaking from my own experience, it rarely does).

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
We're talking more January / February for freeplay (which will then get regular updates since there's nothing to be spoiled by it) and March / April for 3.1 and 3.2 (but as Serafine says, no promises - there's a ton of things that have to come together for the campaign missions to happen).

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
gurra9811 said:
saw a new update, whats new?

A very small hotfix, nothing major, but here's the log:

Note these are minor fixes added for a couple of issues that have come to light recently. Mac and Linux users do not yet have these hot fixes and so we recommend turning Arachnophobia mode off for these users. We will get fixes for those platforms up as soon as we can!

Bug Fixes

Fixed and issue with Arachnophobia Mode festive hats causing wood ants to not be able to attack the spiders
Fixed an issue where the cavern tunnelled into south of your queen in the formicarium did not refund territory spent to mark it
Main menu link to the forum now takes you to the correct forum landing page

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Soccer51x said:
Yes, but will the progress be there? or do I have to restart every update? :'( :'( :'(

No, your save game files are stored away from the game folder so you won't have to restart every time.

Yakton

Larva
hm. just wanting to say perhaps the next update will either add two new levels as well as a challenge level but with some new added enemies for example a wasp (you pick what kind) and maybe a centepide or perhaps a hornet. oh and could you also add in so you see where the food and seeds are on the minimap instead of trying to look around for it? and seeing that ant on the far left when you open up this webpage makes me think he would be added in too. but perhaps only shown and thought on mission 3.1 and 3.2. or if he's to complex at the moment feel free to add him around a later update. oh and could a newer challenge in the other modes page where you are trying to survive until a time limit has stopped (either around 120 minutes or 4 days) and you'll have to defend against five bullet ants.

Soccer51x

Worker
Wow, was the formicarium challenge 1 too hard? Yeah, and I didn't even know you could upgrade anything, and I still got past it xD. People should probably try strategies in their architecture :p Mine went well :D

Speznat

Worker
Mike said:
Soccer51x said:
Yes, but will the progress be there? or do I have to restart every update? :'( :'( :'(

No, your save game files are stored away from the game folder so you won't have to restart every time.
one question from all my other games it sync with steam cloud but with empires of the undergrowth if i install it on my laptop too than i must restart from the beginning on my laptop. but on my pc i have my normal savegame. all other games sync, maybe its just me i dont know, i just wann inform you if some more people write the same issue than you will know that something dont work.
happy developing :)