2.1 and 2.2 Challenge Mode Feedback

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
Personally I was very happy about how the challenge modes for these two levels played out. After playing both of them on hard difficulty, I can tell you beach tiger beetle larvae make a huge difference. Basically they just chip away at your ants, draining your food and food gathering capability. Even with a large army, it takes a decent amount of micro and time to bring down a group of the larvae, and it makes growing a colony much slower. I thought it was a good bump up in difficulty higher in comparison to 1.1 and 1.2 challenge modes.

Yeah the beach tiger larvae are making it way more difficult after finishing level 2.2 on insane (finally) I think hard with the larvae is almost harder than insane without them.

They don't attack other bugs which is fine because so you have more food. I am not sure If they attack other ants. which makes it even harder plus they don't leave any food when killed which would help hence they are really bad news in a good way.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Larvae are definitely a significant hindrance, and I think they've worked out quite well as a challenge. They've made a pretty big difference to how comfortably I can play through 2.1 Insane in particular.