3 observations if Freeplay

Not sure how to submit pictures but ladybugs got stuck when an aphid nest spawned near the edge and one of the nests was in the out of bounds area or edge of map. The ladybugs would land and get stuck there as well.

The beach wolf spiders when moving across a funnel web spider area wouldnt show the walking animation. They would just slowly move across without actually moving

When a funnel web spider spawned ants got stuck under the rocks that spawned with it and couldnt be attacked as well as couldnt move.

Another bug is when restarting the level the game would load and then show a quick image underneath what i think is the dunes. And crash the game, steam would also need a little restart but maybe that last one is only me.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Ok, some creatures getting stuck - we'll look into it.

I think the beach wolf spiders are supposed to not be affected by web at all so that's probably an oversight. Will add that to the list too.

Thanks for your reports :)

Hi guys,

I have a few bugs to report so far - unless I'm missing something I think you guys need to point people to a central place for bug reporting for this beta but for now I might as well post here.

- Since the update the interface showing the toggle between don't collect food / fight is bugged. This is both in freeplay and normal formicarium game. The actions appear to still be correct but once you click off and back on a group both icons either display as green or red rather than how you have actually selected them to behave.

- On freeplay I found instances of ladybirds and wolf spiders just sitting there still doing absolutely nothing. My ants couldn't attack the ladybirds either.

- I had a CTD when loading a freeplay game. Never had a CTD on this game before. I submitted the unreal engine default report, don't know if you receive it or not.

- I had deleted all my old saves and had an otherwise unfinished formicarium so ended up replaying some of the existing levels to get more XP for my ants and replayed the last mission. You need to toggle the AI attacking each other for mission 2.2 because now you just need to sit in nest with a large amount of food at the end and watch the two ant colonies attack each other at the opening of your nest and kill each other.

Can't remember any more but like I say a good thing would be to communicate a central bug report place for the beta, be it here, steam, etc.

Enjoying it so far. It seems like it's too easy but I haven't played around with the difficulty much but will do. It also feels a little bit aimless at the minute but I imagine that's because it's very much in beta with a fraction of the features that the end result will have.

Still looking forward to the future of this game, however my biggest concern with it is map size. Regardless of the challenge it might pose the game as it's current coded, I think you'll need to expand map size and accommodate multiple accessible underground lairs per map to take the game to the next level. That is in addition to extra types of flora and fauna of course...

Thanks for the game so far, very much enjoying it!

- Since the update the interface showing the toggle between don't collect food / fight is bugged. This is both in freeplay and normal formicarium game. The actions appear to still be correct but once you click off and back on a group both icons either display as green or red rather than how you have actually selected them to behave.

I've also experienced this bug in Freeplay Mode, only instead of it making both commands active or disabled, the interface will only disable both actions every time I click to a new tab group.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
SkeleLock said:

I've also experienced this bug in Freeplay Mode, only instead of it making both commands active or disabled, the interface will only disable both actions every time I click to a new tab group.

This bug is purely visual from what I can tell. What seems to be happening is that it's set as normal, but when loaded again the gather button takes on the same coloration as the combat button.