A "Hardcore" Option on Formicarium Creation

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The idea is that you would lock yourself into a difficulty with some special settings.

All missions must be played at the selected difficulty setting or higher, and, once available, all missions must be played with their challenge active. To make it even harder, it could be required that all missions are beaten the same amount of times before they can be repeated (if you beat 1.1 and 1.2 twice, hardcore would prevent you from playing them again until 2.1 and 2.2 are also beaten twice). This would prevent you from farming the easiest level for resources.

Of course, this can already be done as a self-enforced challenge.

A cool guy

Worker
The idea is that you would lock yourself into a difficulty with some special settings.

All missions must be played at the selected difficulty setting or higher, and, once available, all missions must be played with their challenge active. To make it even harder, it could be required that all missions are beaten the same amount of times before they can be repeated (if you beat 1.1 and 1.2 twice, hardcore would prevent you from playing them again until 2.1 and 2.2 are also beaten twice). This would prevent you from farming the easiest level for resources.

Of course, this can already be done as a self-enforced challenge.

This would prevent players (like me) from grinding and maxing everything out, which is a good thing. This game is relaxing, not competitive.

Last edited:

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
This would prevent players (like me) from grinding and maxing everything out. This game is relaxing, not competitive.

In which case you wouldn't play that mode, which is fine. Rayalot loves the hard difficulties and figuring out the puzzle of beating them.

I love Doom 2016 but there's no way I'm playing it on Ultra Nightmare!

A cool guy

Worker
In which case you wouldn't play that mode, which is fine. Rayalot loves the hard difficulties and figuring out the puzzle of beating them.

I love Doom 2016 but there's no way I'm playing it on Ultra Nightmare!

Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I was trying to say that it's a good thing players shouldn't grind. :D