A new demo!

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
We have released a new demo for the game! Currently it is only on IndieDB and for windows. It includes a new demo level that is not currently in the game so even if you have the game you may want to check it out:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/empir...wnloads/empires-of-the-undergrowth-demo-v0202

The demo level will make it in to the game probably at some point next week when we release the first bug fixing update so if you do not want to download it there you can always wait for it to appear in the game!

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Very interesting mechanically for such a small and simplistic level. It's not exactly "hard," but it requires a plan to complete.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
When the levels are a bit simpler like this one (no voice, no new music, simple objectives, more predictable enemies) the turn around is massively faster. By then end this demo probably has 2 weeks worth of 1 person time in it.

I think going forward we may consider doing some game levels like this (extra ones not the campaign) to provide extra content during the quiet times

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
When the levels are a bit simpler like this one (no voice, no new music, simple objectives, more predictable enemies) the turn around is massively faster. By then end this demo probably has 2 weeks worth of 1 person time in it.

I think going forward we may consider doing some game levels like this (extra ones not the campaign) to provide extra content during the quiet times
Sounds great. Hopefully we'll get some for the rufa.

Do you think they could ever be introduced into the formicarium as side missions? Could give a one-time above-average reward for the tier it's on.

HaukHans1

May the dinosaur be with you
Backer
Beta Tester
As a suggestion regarding having these levels as "side-missions", it might be possible to use them like you would use a tutorial, wherein they are self-contained and mainly focus on teaching how to manage certain aspects of the game, primarily the respective ant species you control in each level.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Just to keep you updated. Some of the changes we made to allow for localisation to work with the interface have broken some parts of the game. Currently it is up on the beta branch and people are testing it to find the issues. Once we are confident we are not going to break everyones game we will release it in the main branch along with the new interface localisation support for German and simplified Chinese.

Just to keep you updated. Some of the changes we made to allow for localisation to work with the interface have broken some parts of the game. Currently it is up on the beta branch and people are testing it to find the issues. Once we are confident we are not going to break everyones game we will release it in the main branch along with the new interface localisation support for German and simplified Chinese.
Thanks for the update on the demo progress.

umm so i finished all the formicarium challenge and it give me an option to spawn everything can you make it so we can gather food from the creature we spawn?

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Well, at that point you're done with the current content. You did it. There's 2 whole more tiers of the formicarium to come, so you can see how just letting you farm endless food is a bad idea. You don't have to play over and over because you've already won.

The creature spawner is just a bit of extra fun in the meantime.

Daniel7Sly123

Ants are perfect!
In the demo the majors are unplayable.
In the main game will major be allow?
Or the level is suposed to be played without the major?
I would like to try the level whith the Stun/Taunt major.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
In the demo the majors are unplayable.
In the main game will major be allow?
Or the level is suposed to be played without the major?
I would like to try the level whith the Stun/Taunt major.

That level is designed to be played without the majors.