A new enemy (a behemoth)

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
I just remembered that there are some insects that might be interesting and one of those is the ironclad beetle. I came across a video of a youtuber and he usually does some really good research and finds the most stupid facts which still are true. One of his videos was about the ironclad beetle which is as he describes it nearly undestructable and I wonder why scientists haven't yet thrown and eye on those little fellows since they are tougher than any other insect.

Here of course is the video to his episode and I must say that some of his stuff is also a bit over the top but this guy is really great and I learn new things with every video. ;)
Ironclad Beetle

Since they are super tough it would be a really awesome idea to find out in real life, how many ants it would take to kill one so we could add him as a very interesting and nearly unbeatable insect. Basicly for a behemoth challenge or in case someone get's bored during the freemode. There then could be a button to spawn an ironclad beetle which as far as I remember only eats dead wood and lives in Texas.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
If you want nearly unbeatable insects play freeplay mode! The ubers are waiting for you :p

Neat idea, though. Sounds like it'd be a thing to do for a one-off rather than in a campaign.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
If you want nearly unbeatable insects play freeplay mode! The ubers are waiting for you :p

Neat idea, though. Sounds like it'd be a thing to do for a one-off rather than in a campaign.
I know. But sadly nearly nobody is studying that awesome sounding insect. I mean you need to use a drill to pin that motherf*cker to the wall with the other insect. I'm curious why that is and how come that he produces such a thick hide just by eating wood. What makes this happen? Hopefully someone will start studying this little fellow more and explore (even if a bit grusome) how much he can withstand.