A very honest post!

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Twas the before Christmas eve. You may have seen in recent live streams that I have been working on a Christmas level for the game along the lines of the spider level for Halloween. You may also know that we have been rebuilding the movement code to allow us to get more ants out of the engine. The latter has taken far longer than we expected.

Whilst the movement has been in flux lots of content has been created - here are a few highlights:
  • 3 new levels not linked to the campaign have been created
  • The challenge for 3.1 and 3.2 has been added
  • Freeplay has seen an overhaul including tiered enemies, victory conditions, setup saving and sharing and Leafcutters added
  • Optimisations have been added across the board to improve performance in many areas of the game
Essentially the Freeplay and interim update will come all at once. Last week some major breakthroughs happened in the movement code and we are so close to testing. As Christmas arrives all around us we are making one last push to try and get the update at least into testing before the Christmas level no longer makes sense!

I did not stream this week so some out there will be wondering why not? Simply I was working as hard as I could to get the game ready for a package, as much as I love streaming when really trying to get an update out it can slow you down (sometime it actually speeds you up depending on the task but this would not have been one of those times).

So I can confirm nothing other than that I am trying my best to get a build out, hopefully I wont be packaging whilst eating the turkey!

... but watch this space!

Talon

Queen
3 new levels not linked to the campaign have been created
  • The challenge for 3.1 and 3.2 has been added
  • Freeplay has seen an overhaul including tiered enemies, victory conditions, setup saving and sharing and Leafcutters added
  • Optimisations have been added across the board to improve performance in many areas of the game
Wow! You are absolutely awsome! Keep up the good work.

As Christmas arrives all around us we are making one last push to try and get the update at least into testing before the Christmas level no longer makes sense!

Well thats the only point for critics. Something like the Full-Moon/Hallowween Mission is one thing. But a Mission that is for only one week in the year? Anyway... Merry Christmas!

MedinB

Colony
You guys are doing a great job. I'm pretty sure the movement code is 97% done just a few things need to be perfected as the beta build said. Also, maybe slow down a bit you guys are working insanely hard to get this update out its almost done and pretty much for testing anyways as you said and... happy holidays! Can't wait for the full package!!:D:D:eek:

Anyways, I can't wait to play without crashes happening every 2 seconds (not actually) and movement code fixed and ready.

MedinB

Colony
Well thats the only point for critics. Something like the Full-Moon/Hallowween Mission is one thing. But a Mission that is for only one week in the year? Anyway... Merry Christmas!

I want this to be playable like the Halloween spider level. Maybe if it drops a certain temperature it goes? Well, we can just turn back our clock.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I'm amazed by the movement code. The game is very unstable in the current build (crashes on occasion, and it seems like trapjaws will regularly cause crashes), but I can have an absurd amount of things on-screen without lag when I would previously chug along with a low frame-rate with even a slightly large colony. The optimization is phenomenal, and I can't wait for its full release.