Aggrandise - Giant Whip Spider is killing queen unprovoked

Not sure it this is intentional or not, but the giant whip spider just moved in and killed my queen long before I was ready. I was down in the bottom right corner with my 20+ ants. I didn't stand a chance, by the time my ants where back, mt queen was half dead, and they barely gave the spider a scratch. I was playing on medium level.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
I'm guessing a nest group worker wandered close to it and attacked it. I'd suggest turning attacks off for the nest group.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I'm guessing a nest group worker wandered close to it and attacked it. I'd suggest turning attacks off for the nest group.
It appears to be very unlikely to have been a single worker ant. The whip spider can 1hit kill even a lvl 3 ereptor worker and it only is provoked by taking damage.
I think instead a soldier ant strayed, as on this map ants tend to stray around a bit. On aggrandise I noticed my pheremone groups always have some ants not walking their assigned trail (number at the visible marker is lower than ants assigned). I am guessing this has to do with them normally waiting at the nest entrance to keep a constant flow of ants going down the trail overground. But on aggrandise for some reason it looks as if the ants do not wait around the queen like they do on other maps when their pheromone marker is in the player's underground? (I have sometimes seen soldier ants straying off very far before they suddenly walked to their marker.)

Raptorr575

Worker
Just avoid any interaction with the giant whip spider and he won't be a threat (maybe an ant got too close and made it aggressive).