AI colony randomly holding eggs outside? (Corrupt)

MedinB

Colony
ice_screenshot_20200813-125547.png

Nothing else happened, they harvested a fish. But I think because they will “replace eggs without the need for workers”

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Nothing else happened, they harvested a fish. But I think because they will “replace eggs without the need for workers”
I was confused when reading the title but I think you have probably hit the nail on the head with the description! Need the eggs to vanish if there job auto completes

Logged!

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I was confused when reading the title but I think you have probably hit the nail on the head with the description! Need the eggs to vanish if there job auto completes

Logged!
With this knowledge I now know that the eggs being placed without a worker are not placed by an insanely fast invisible worker ant! Worker ants have logic to prevent another ant for claiming interest in a task when they are already going for it.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
With this knowledge I now know that the eggs being placed without a worker are not placed by an insanely fast invisible worker ant! Worker ants have logic to prevent another ant for claiming interest in a task when they are already going for it.
The way it works is the tile itself creates a bring an egg to me job which goes into a job manager, the job manager then finds a free underground ant to pass the job onto (focusing on ones closest to the queen) then the ant grabs an egg and places it. Rather than the ants having logic, there is an overlord job master dishing out tickets