An idea for the army ants in the formacarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
If/when they get added to the formacarium, I had an idea for their two extra ability's.
1: The army ants boost attack and speed damage.
2: They could lower the amount of damage nearby ants take and increase their health by 10-20%

Of coarse their not a medic ant so not to much health would be restored.

TheRexYo

Queen
They already have a sort-of "rage aura", don't they? The more of them that gather in one place, the stronger they get. So that'd be their main use. As for your ideas for upgrades - they're pretty good, from what I can tell. The medic effect seems a little odd for their playstyle, though.

TheRexYo

Queen
When I meant 'increase their heath' I didn't mean all the other ants around it, I meant the major herself.
Oh, okay. Perhaps you could have it so they regen health while in combat, kind-of like an opposite effect to the black-ant's "Self Repair" ability.

Hold on! I'm being stupid, the trapjaws already have this ability, but then again they aren't going to be an ant that you can have as part of your formacarium colony, aren't they?

TheRexYo

Queen
Hold on! I'm being stupid, the trapjaws already have this ability, but then again they aren't going to be an ant that you can have as part of your formacarium colony, aren't they?
1) Yes, Trapjaws have a healing ability, but it's a triggered ability not a constant effect.
2) According to MikeSlugDisco, Trapjaws might make it into the Formicarium, since they are already playable in the Extra Level "Aggrandise". However, they did say it was unlikely.

EDIT: I do hope they get added, though. It would make the game more diverse.

Mr_Ced

Colony
I think the Trapjaws and Army Ants are better suited for different types of Ereptors, rather than one type with all of the available ants. It would really make the game more fun and diverse in the future when (hopefully) PvP is added.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I think the Trapjaws and Army Ants are better suited for different types of Ereptors, rather than one type with all of the available ants. It would really make the game more fun and diverse in the future when (hopefully) PvP is added.
Army Ants are just too strong, not just in game, 3.3 (Formicarium Challenge) was already hard enough what if 4.4 had to be harder? So Media and Majors are a no from me but the Minors are a yes.

Star Rider

Worker
I'm a scientist and I will squash you all.
I'm a tennis player and I will squash you all.
I'm a pumpkin and I will squash you all.

... actually, I'm non of the above and I won't squash you.

Star Rider

Worker
Haha, I was referring to the game. :D
And Squash is also a ball sport... and something to eat. Sorry for all the Dad jokes.

I didn't mean for this thread to become a place where I boast about how I AM going to destroy you all in multiplier. Hah! lol:cool::cool::cool:. Ok, jk can we please drop what I said earlier? No hard feelings and all?

I've done every level and Formicarium challenge on Insane. I will squash you.
Just because you've done all that stuff doesn't mean much when it comes to playing against REAL human players, but the fact that you managed to beat every formacarium challenge on insane is still pretty impressive, well done:D:D:D.

Just because you've done all that stuff doesn't mean much when it comes to playing against REAL human players, but the fact that you managed to beat every formacarium challenge on insane is still pretty impressive, well done:D:D:D.
well technically it isn't impressive as my colony does everything, at one point I've spent a bit more than 2 thousand royal jelly in micro improvements so I just send one little swarm of ants and they simply eat the ennemy colony

and also I was joking I'm absolutely awful in multiplayer so there is very few chances that I would win if they added multiplayer

Mr_Ced

Colony
If you really want to test yourself, try all of the Formicarium Challenges on Insane with no improvements to your soldiers or workers! Just regular ol' level 3 ants.

Status
Not open for further replies.