Ant healers

I feel that the lack of a healing element for ants give quite a disadvantage, i would like it if the starting royal workers would have the unique ability to heal, because having an injured queen and other ants suck.
the re-usability of wounded ants are very limited, which also makes one of the black ant perks unreliable and the regen the top pick.

Mr_Ced

Colony
Maybe injured ants could be replaced until they are healed? Would be very cool to implment and allow for more locations to defend instead of just the queen.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Eh, it's not really super impactful unless you use black ants to tank hits. If black ants are there to do damage, they're better off with self-preservation. Of course, this will still suck atm since we don't yet have leaf-cutters.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Side-note:

self-repair isn't actually good because it provides extra regen (although this does help if all other black ants die), it's primarily good because it's not self-preservation. If you took neither option, you'd be pretty well off, as it's better to have your black ants bravely die and make space for new ones than for them to all survive and die at one time, losing you all of your defensive units.

Personally, I might even avoid self-preservation until we've obtained the leaf cutter major.

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
I've found self preservation to be extremely useful in free play mode. I find it reduces casualties significantly.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Interesting. Do you prefer it in the early-game, or the late-game? Mostly, I notice it seems to work against me when facing ubers or attack waves, as I'll suddenly have no black ants after the first couple start to die.

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
Definetly helps in both. As long as you have more than 1 black ant in the early game, it's going to save you food. With self preservation, it takes 2 black ants at level 1 to kill a devil's coach horse beetle, and both survive. Without self preservation, the 2 ants may not be enough to kill it, or one of them will die. Combined with meatwall and mortar ants behind, the strategy really works against attack waves. I'd say a weakness of using self preservation is against enemy ants, but level 3 mortar ants would destroy enemy ants very quickly, which is why the combination works.

If there were a way to make a combo of self preservation and self repair, so the ants could go back to regen and then go to fight again with all their life because the only big problem of self repair is that if your ants are constantly fighting they won't regen at all

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The vegetarian ant said:
If there were a way to make a combo of self preservation and self repair, so the ants could go back to regen and then go to fight again with all their life because the only big problem of self repair is that if your ants are constantly fighting they won't regen at all

You are forced to take one of those abilities at a time unfortunately. You can't get both of them.