Ant see-through blood

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
I was thinking that when a soldier or any ant, bug spider, etc dies there should be a puddle of see through blood that you can see. It's realistic and It could add more emersion to the game.

PS There could be an option to turn it off.

Planemaster

Worker
I'm not sure whether ants actually bleed (ant experts prove me wrong otherwise). At the moment, I can't imagine a great benefit coming from this apart from the fact the FPS is lowered.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Would look nice, but as Planemaster says this would probably just be a pretty resource drain which in an intense battle might just end up making things more difficult to discern. I think we're also quite keen to keep the game as PG as we can, really - I know it'd just be haemolymph but it'd still make things significantly more violent looking.

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
That's understandable. I thought that it should be set off, and when you turn it on there could be a warning that it could be resource demanding at some points. :'(

I think the game should be more PG-13 than PG

Planemaster

Worker
Redmoth27 said:
That's understandable. I thought that it should be set off, and when you turn it on there could be a warning that it could be resource demanding at some points. :'(

I think the game should be more PG-13 than PG

I feel like increasing the age rating is unnecessary. I'm more interested about the strategy of ants as a colony and how they work rather than a violent battle with gore and stuff.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Ants can "bleed", however they don't have blood or veins like we do. Simply spoken their bodies are filled with a liquid in which all the organs swim. Since ants have exoskeletons (and no bones) this works fine. The "blood" color of insects can be quite different I think ant body liquids are usually transparent but become yellow when they are exposed to air (so ants would "bleed" yellow).