Balance for Babysitting?

MedinB

Colony
After the release of Babysitting, I was looking if other people were making videos about it. I found someone streaming it with a streamer I actually regularly watch. According to the video, it needs balancing. Take a look.

Last edited:

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Cricket is OP though. I've been begging for a nerf.

Also, this guy lol. He had no reinforcements because he didn't put down 40-70 food on storage.

Last edited:

MedinB

Colony
He did say “everything I spend is economic” and “Food stores are a luxury.” So maybe it was his fault.
I watch EotU YouTube and report and issues or suggestions here. Or play the game myself.

Last edited:

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I beat easy just today. Did not really have food management troubles, although I do think it is rather fast-paced for such a low difficulty. It could probably do with more time between events, unadjusted for hard and insane.

It's hardest at the start. After you've gotten your fighting force set up, you can just steamroll most groups based on which threaten you or your partner first.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I've attempted to beat it on easy. I did very well until the other colony died due to tiger beetles.
RIP. I think what I did was take a brief look at what enemy groups were around the partner colony, and then killed them as soon as possible. The adult tiger beetles are probably the biggest threat, but they didn't aggro until I was ready.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Can't seem to get a good start on Medium, the crabs move before I'm able to properly reply to them.

MedinB

Colony
Can't seem to get a good start on Medium, the crabs move before I'm able to properly reply to them.
I've kinda had the same issue. Those crabs would like move to the other colony instead of the other colony attacking the crabs. The crabs are getting revenge.

MedinB

Colony
I mean not “issue” like a bug. (haha) so it's not a bug.

I know.. Lame joke..

Last edited:

MedinB

Colony
Cricket is OP though. I've been begging for a nerf.

Also, this guy lol. He had no reinforcements because he didn't put down 40-70 food on storage.
He did build food stores but like only 3. Only 3 ants can grab food from the small tiger beetle at a time. When the yellow colony enters your nest it will go to your queen and not steal anything. When it is leaving, it WILL grab food that is not on a storage tile. (Those tiger beetles or whatever)

MedinB

Colony
I beat easy just today. Did not really have food management troubles, although I do think it is rather fast-paced for such a low difficulty. It could probably do with more time between events, unadjusted for hard and insane.

It's hardest at the start. After you've gotten your fighting force set up, you can just steamroll most groups based on which threaten you or your partner first.
When I almost won but lost due to the other colony I got most of my force I would say from underground. Don't forget to look at those dots! (Brown dots on minimap)

MedinB

Colony

The devil spiny thing? The medium and large can only do that AOE attack. It like spits venom when it spins and like does that AOE attack. I'm fine the stats with that spiny devil. It just requires a strategy. The developers even saw that AOE and didn't say it was a bug. I saw a developer stream before! Like when John was doing that Aggrandise testing.

Edit: that AOE Has an effect like 2 raindrops or something. I think it was made for the spiny cricket. Not a bug or anything, made by the team!

Mr_Ced

Colony
The level was difficult, but not impossible. Completed it on my second try. It seems to me that you guys didn't let the other colony have their fair share. Could be wrong, but just putting it out there!

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The level was difficult, but not impossible. Completed it on my second try. It seems to me that you guys didn't let the other colony have their fair share. Could be wrong, but just putting it out there!
Which difficulty?

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The devil spiny thing? The medium and large can only do that AOE attack. It like spits venom when it spins and like does that AOE attack. I'm fine the stats with that spiny devil. It just requires a strategy. The developers even saw that AOE and didn't say it was a bug. I saw a developer stream before! Like when John was doing that Aggrandise testing.

Edit: that AOE Has an effect like 2 raindrops or something. I think it was made for the spiny cricket. Not a bug or anything, made by the team!
I know the bleed is intended, but it's extremely costly to fight against, especially in the leafcutter levels. I find it to be harder to fight than the L mantis for that reason. Might be easier if not fought with Media.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I tried and failed:
I got attacked by the L crabs while my ally bugged out (he did not get a free worker anymore). L tiger beetles rushed his queen before the crabs reached me.
I will beat normal, someday...

Edit:
That someday is today it seems:
Video was removed from YouTube because it was too long.

Another edit:
The previous video is broken, this one should work:

Last edited: