Beach biome cliffs

Frosty3k

Larva
Backer
Beta Tester
Hey,

So I just saw the March newsletter, and I think the progress on the beach biome is great!

There's only a few things I'd think need tweaking and other people mentioned all but one thing (that I could find): the cliffs don't feel like they belong here; I know their purpose is to add multiple levels for variety and strategy... so if it's possible to just make the cliffs look different or replace them with another terrain blocker. For example, the cliffs could have 3d models to make them appear bumpy and/or sharp and jagged. They would take up extra space but I don't think that would affect the openness of the map.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Thanks for the comments!

It's important to note that the screenshots we have for Screen Shot Saturday are taken from a much less perpendicular angle than you see in the actual game (the game is almost top-down; for the screenshots we often tilt the camera much more horizontally for a more interesting image) so you'll see less of the actual "cliff" in-game and more just the boundaries of it.

Also note that we're faaaaar from final with anything we've done yet - in the tweak stage there will likely be several art passes for all sorts of things like plants, stones, rubble, leaves, etc etc to make everything look more natural.

Have a look at this video we've just posted which shows a more natural play-through of the surface and its more top-down view.

Last edited: