Beta Test - 0.21152 - Last Bits of Balance and Fixes, Max & Linux Builds

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Last bits of balance and fixes! Just a very short test to make sure nothing we’ve added or fixed causes any major issues - and then this should be the last one before we set it on the main branch. Hang tight just a little longer if you’ve been waiting for the beta to finish!

Mac, Linux & Win32 builds are also included this time, so if anyone on those platforms would like to join the beta there is still a (small) amount of time to do it!

Balance - Baby Sitting
  • Reduced number of funnel web spiders on hard and insane difficulties
  • Provided slightly more time between computer actions on insane difficulty
  • Dead creatures provide more food on hard and insane difficulties

Fixes
  • Just Isn’t Cricket achievement will now correctly complete instead of completing a different one
  • Slave makers now correctly drop resources when they see an enemy
  • Fixed an issue where an invisible enemy could be present in replays of formicarium challenge 3
  • Fixed an issue where you would autocomplete Rapid Growth and NOPE after beating 1.2 insane
  • Achievements will now only give their failed or succeeded announcement if you do not already have them
  • Fixed an issue where tunnelling enemies (Extremis and Surrounded) could get stuck digging nothing or standing still if they tunnelled out and could not see an enemy

Last edited:

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The previous version
Reduced number of funnel web spiders on hard and insane difficulties
The funnel web spiders still cripple the allied colony, despite their lowered numbers:
The player can hardly get any damage one the funnel webs because they move too fast for mortar wood ants to hit them and wood ant melee have poor damage output and get 1hit killed anyway.
I think if the player had rapidfire wood ants the mission would be way easier.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Yea I get your point about mortars, maybe the funnel webs need a harsh nerf to account for them?

TheRexYo

Queen
Just a question - since Trap-jaw Ants are playable in Aggrandize, will they (eventually) make it into the Formicarium?
Edit: If so, will the same thing happen to Slave-Makers and Army-Ants?
Edit 2: Also, I'd like to mention that Fog of War has a strange 'delay' at the start of a steam-beta Freeplay game. Not sure why, or if it's even a bug, but I thought I should tell everyone in case it is.

Last edited:

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
So close... I almost won.
I do think on insane difficulty in Babysitting the allied colony moves a bit too fast at the end there? (Attacking the next group of enemies before the previous group is even dead, and often not taking its time to gather food from the defeated enemies.)

Last edited:

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Just a question - since Trap-jaw Ants are playable in Aggrandize, will they (eventually) make it into the Formicarium?
Edit: If so, will the same thing happen to Slave-Makers and Army-Ants?
Edit 2: Also, I'd like to mention that Fog of War has a strange 'delay' at the start of a steam-beta Freeplay game. Not sure why, or if it's even a bug, but I thought I should tell everyone in case it is.

Currently Trap-jaws are not planned to make it into the formicarium at least before version 1.0 of the game. That said never say never it may be we bring them in after the campaign!

Save with the other two species you mentioned

Ill take a look at the strange delay you mentioned. There may have been an optimisation that has had an adverse effect!

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
The player can hardly get any damage one the funnel webs because they move too fast for mortar wood ants to hit them and wood ant melee have poor damage output and get 1hit killed anyway.
I have now reduced the number of spiders significantly. 3 on easy / normal, 4 on hard and 6 on insane.

I do think in Babysitting the allied colony moves a bit too fast at the end there? (Attacking the next group of enemies before the previous group is even dead, and often not taking its time to gather food from the defeated enemies.)
I have changed the delay between final attacks to be a long delay. This should almost double the time between them.

Working on making the final build today. This will time lock all but aggrandise however if you want to test it hof you can set your system clock to two months from now and they all should be available!

TheRexYo

Queen
Currently Trap-jaws are not planned to make it into the formicarium at least before version 1.0 of the game. That said never say never it may be we bring them in after the campaign!

Save with the other two species you mentioned

Ill take a look at the strange delay you mentioned. There may have been an optimisation that has had an adverse effect!
That's fine! I'll wait as long as I have to for this game to achieve full diversity. But be warned - my Formica are itching for some iron-jawed recruits! :D

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Just to mention we discovered the issue and fixed it. Turns out it was the starting ants not being able to see through the fog