Beta Testing - V0.211 Update - New Extra Level, New Freeplay Map, Bug Fixes

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Thanks to everyone who has taken part in the beta test that has been running since Christmas eve! We have an update to that beta, available now, that introduces a new extra level (Baby Sitting) and a new freeplay map (Embankment) set in the rainforest environment, as well as a lot of bug fixes from the extensive feedback we've received. We're also extending the Christmas Hungry Spider event until the end of January to allow more people to play it - look for the gift on the main menu!

If you haven't participated in the beta yet and would like to join in, it is still open to all Windows owners on Steam. Follow the instructions in the previous post about the beta.

New Maps
  • A new extra level has been added - Baby Sitting! Can you keep an allied colony alive whilst it makes some questionable decisions?
  • A new freeplay map added - Embankment. Setup your freeplay colony next to a stream in the rainforest.

Fixes
  • Restored minimap path drawing
  • Fixed a divide by zero crash that could occur whenever a creature jumps (the trapjaw crash)
  • Fixed an issue causing large frame rate drops when funnel webs were checking for targets
  • Fixed an issue where green food capsules would display if playing freeplay leafcutters with fog of war on
  • Fixed an issue on the monthly levels where the starting units were displaying colourless
  • Fixed an issue on Extremis where waves would stop at wave 23
  • Media and trapjaws will now properly say selected once they have been purchased in Extremis
  • Tunnellers will now head to the queen if their dig targets are tunnelled out in Extremis
  • Fixed an issue on Extremis where a wood ant upgrade purchase would display the wrong one
  • Fixed a tile exclamation mark that was mispositioned on Hold Out
  • Exclamation mark enemies should now always spawn when tunnelled out
  • Fixed an issue with Beach Tiger Beetle Larvae where they could sometimes get stuck attacking and will no longer attempt to attack a target that cannot be picked up
  • Media belonging to a Formica ereptor colony should no longer have fungus waste, minims and be able to pick up normal resources
  • Fixed an issue with Crucible where colony creatures could not get above ground
  • Fixed an issue with paint work on closed tunnel exits in the dunes and other similar issues in freeplay levels
  • Fixed an issue where mantis chirping could be heard after death
  • Exclamation mark spawning should more consistently be at the location of the mark
  • Plant shoots should no longer spawn off the visible edge of a cliff
  • Black ant workers feet pulled out of the floor
  • Fixed an issue where used fungus quantities could go negative in the top bar
  • Fixed a tick box issue with freeplay landmarks
  • Fixed an issue where food would still think it was buried if generated on a cavern (and the ants could not pick it up)
  • Fixed an issue where creatures could pick food up from long distances
  • Fixed an issue where dropped items would appear anywhere with 300 radius of the drop
  • Fixed an issues with leafcutter colony economy when loaded in freeplay (wrong storage values, and used fungus not being regenerated properly on tiles)
  • Corrected some translation errors

Changes
  • Allied creatures now show as yellow on the minimap and health bars
  • Extended the Christmas level until the end of January
  • Added in extra frame rate limits

Movement changes and fixes
  • Improved movement around ramp entrances
  • Fixed issues with creatures trying constantly to walk off some cliff edges (and being teleported back onto the cliff)
  • Fixed an issue where creatures would attempt to path through pebbles and other obstacles

Last edited:

Diavid

Worker
Backer
Beta Tester
In the Baby Sitting Level:
Is it planned to tell the player somehow that the queen of the other nest is beeing attacked or that enemies are entering the nest?
Because i always get surprised when i lost. And i don't want to look to her every few seconds.

And in Freeplay, when i win on the new map, and click on play more (in german "weiterspielen") the camera zoom out for a long time, is not centered on the queen or anything interesting and after that i can't do anything, exept go back to mainmenu or end the game.
And when i click on the outside minimap then, the camera isn't jumping to the outside area but it seems like the nest-world get the outside shader. everything is brighter and greener and i can hear the crickets singing but the cam is still under the earth.

Last edited: