[Bug?] 0.2111 Cursor light source not updating every frame when using upgrade tile tool?

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
To me it looks like dragging the upgrade tool over some tiles causes the cursor light source to not update its position for a few frames shortly after setting one or more tiles to be upgraded:
(I hope I am seeing what I think I am seeing?)

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
logged. I was not able to replicate it so maybe it only happens when there are a lot of ants? Either way passed it on to Matt

Matt

Worker
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I've been looking into this this morning. Haven't been able to recreate it, or find a reason. Theories include:
  • maybe the UE4 engine is receiving cursor position updates out of sync with the OS (which effectively controls the position of the cursor you see).
  • maybe the UE4 engine is skipping a variable update on the graphics card for the light position, as some form of optmisation. A driver could also be responsible for this.
  • Maybe there is a collision with something that blocks the tile-trace in very specific locations at specific times.
The first two are pretty hard for me to test without your hardware setup, and so far I have seen no further suggestion that the last one is true. If anybody finds any more clues, let me know!.