[Bug] 0.2113 Leafcutter major stun almost never triggers

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Stun only triggered a handfull of times?
It also looks like beetle acid spray is not hitting properly?

Edit:
Leafcutter major taunt also isn't triggering properly.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
This was a bit tricky to pin down. A change Liam made assumed something that was not the case. In tracking this down we discovered it could apply in certain other fringe situations as well. A temp fix is forth coming until we can come up with something better!

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
You think you've tested something, all seems fine, and then this happens. Sorry about that, I'm trying to find little efficiencies to implement in creature scanning code without tearing it all apart and starting again. There are some great savings to be made, but a lot of this code dates back 3 years or so, to a time when our naming conventions were a bit less stringent. Long story short: I assumed the variable named "MaxDistance" was the maximum distance... It was not.

Luckily all the issues seem to be related, and this actually revealed a problem that would have happened anyway if we had ever decided to give woodlice a powerful ranged attack. Seems unlikely, but you never know.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Luckily all the issues seem to be related, and this actually revealed a problem that would have happened anyway if we had ever decided to give woodlice a powerful ranged attack. Seems unlikely, but you never know.
Uber woodlouse when?

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I hope this one's related:
This M mantis just walked past my ants right to the queen and never broke cover. Just sitting there until my ants attacked it.

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I hope this one's related:
This M mantis just walked past my ants right to the queen and never broke cover. Just sitting there until my ants attacked it.
Yeah, related to scans again, thanks for spotting. This is to do with mantis behaviour to not fight unless the fight looks favourable, along with them being camouflaged. They will be back to normal in the next build, hopefully that's the last thing I broke for now. Really looking forward to getting back on with the campaign content.

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Uber woodlouse when?
I want to see it now, glowing from between its exoskeleton plates... Though I can't help feeling like its special ability would just be to cling to the floor, raising its armour so much that it can't be killed, and yet still having no attacks. The most frustratingly useless Uber.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I want to see it now, glowing from between its exoskeleton plates... Though I can't help feeling like its special ability would just be to cling to the floor, raising its armour so much that it can't be killed, and yet still having no attacks. The most frustratingly useless Uber.
Sounds like a fun easter egg for at the end of a mission