[Bug] 0.21131 Uber whip spider does not attack enemy jumping spiders when they are directly below it

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Whip spiders have some re-positioning abilities where they will fairly randomly side step or back up. I wonder if them being in the same location might break this? (for example with zero distance difference it wont be able to figure out what direction to back up) Time to investigate!

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Ah no I know what this is and it is not actually a bug. As part of the jump sequence creatures receive a sort of silent stun for 0.2s to allow the creature to reach its target it is jumping to without it moving. It bypasses cannot be stunned checks. This would not normally be a problem but here you have more than 5 things jumping at it a second so it is just stun locked.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Ah no I know what this is and it is not actually a bug. As part of the jump sequence creatures receive a sort of silent stun for 0.2s to allow the creature to reach its target it is jumping to without it moving. It bypasses cannot be stunned checks. This would not normally be a problem but here you have more than 5 things jumping at it a second so it is just stun locked.
The jumping spider jump is very fast, shouldn't jumping spiders be hitting most of their targets even without this? (In 0.2 seconds, can an ant walk out of the bite range from the landing point?)

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
You would be surprised. Vs ants yes but vs other fast creatures no. In reality the situation where you have hundreds of jumping spiders attacking is not going to happen so not a problem.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
You would be surprised. Vs ants yes but vs other fast creatures no. In reality the situation where you have hundreds of jumping spiders attacking is not going to happen so not a problem.
If I understand it correctly, jumping spiders apply a short 0.2 second stun when jumping? An alternative to full stun might be mobility only stun? (For 0.2 seconds target cannot move, but can still attack.)

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
If it does become a problem this would be a reasonable alternative, fairly low priority at the moment though.