[Bug] 0.2114 Collision spheres can overlap (enemies walking through each other)

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Was able to replicate by the following steps:
Go to battle arena,
Spawn 50 L tiger beetles on right side team,
Spawn 200 stun majors on left side team,
Click battle.
Very repeatable. (3/3 attempts resulted in stacked majors.)

Last edited:

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Still present in the current version (0.21142)
It caused a group of hermit crabs to melt my leafcutter ants in a narrow passage by stacking into each other:
(I tried to use the terrain to my advantage. By making my enemies go through a narrow passage it would slow the fight down. Allowing my ants to respawn faster than they were killed.)

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Creatures do phase into each other as part of their normal positioning response. Sometimes in extreme situations they'll end up overlapping - I think when things are pushed this far it's about as good as the movement code is going to get without having things popping out at the sides unnaturally.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Creatures do phase into each other as part of their normal positioning response. Sometimes in extreme situations they'll end up overlapping - I think when things are pushed this far it's about as good as the movement code is going to get without having things popping out at the sides unnaturally.
It would be really nice if creatures would not overlap too much, it can really reduce the effectiveness of certain defensive tactics.

maybe instead of having something to prevent them from overlapping having a damage when there are too many in a tight spot and having them avoiding too much density ?