[Bug] 0.21142 Invisible enemy creatures inside the enemy formicarium?

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I... I just don't know what is going on here?
But I did notice the northern creature died (not on minimap and ants no longer attacking there) at the same moment as the enemy queen was killed.
My ants did try to attack one of the creatures and they appear to be moving, but very slowly?

Full video here:
There's also quite some moments where ants are having great difficulty letting go of their old pheromone marker when a new one is set.

Last edited:

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
God what is going on there... what are they attacking??? Ill have a look see if anything obvious
I think they are something related to the enemy queen? (One of the invisible creatures vanished when the enemy queen died)

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I dont know how, could you send me the save game and I will see if there is anything obvious.

Just to note i had a look at my save games and one has wood lice in the enemy nest there, I have no idea how!

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Oh in this game as well had you finished the formicarium mission before? Was this a replay?

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Oh in this game as well had you finished the formicarium mission before? Was this a replay?
Yes it was. The full video of the client session is in the initial post, you can see exactly what I did leading up to that:

Full video here:
There's also quite some moments where ants are having great difficulty letting go of their old pheromone marker when a new one is set.
Basically I was trying to do as much as possible to make the game crash or bug out, and it worked.

Last edited:

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I dont know how, could you send me the save game and I will see if there is anything obvious.

Just to note i had a look at my save games and one has wood lice in the enemy nest there, I have no idea how!
Here are the save files

Attachments

• Colony5SavFiles.zip
    198.8 KB · Views: 1

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
It was what i suspected. It is a creature named "invisible queen corpse". Basically when a queen dies in the game it spawns another creature called this which is just an invisible creature with a lot of health (which is why you see creatures attacking queen corpses in defeat animations ect). Now it is meant to be on top of the queen and not have any AI so it wont move however what has happened here is you have saved the game whilst the invisible queen corpse was alive. When loading the game treats it like a normal creature and gives it AI so it starts walking around. We had a similar issue in freeplay with harvestman legs so I will apply the same fix here (remove its default AI class) but I should also make the level remove them when you restart the mission. Good spot!

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
It was what i suspected. It is a creature named "invisible queen corpse". Basically when a queen dies in the game it spawns another creature called this which is just an invisible creature with a lot of health (which is why you see creatures attacking queen corpses in defeat animations ect). Now it is meant to be on top of the queen and not have any AI so it wont move however what has happened here is you have saved the game whilst the invisible queen corpse was alive. When loading the game treats it like a normal creature and gives it AI so it starts walking around. We had a similar issue in freeplay with harvestman legs so I will apply the same fix here (remove its default AI class) but I should also make the level remove them when you restart the mission. Good spot!
With all the work that you guys have done in the last months, the game has gotten far more stable than it used to be. :)