[Bug] 0.2131 Creature trying to attack ant on plant

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
As you can see, the beetle larva is chasing and attacking the worker ant even after it gets on a plant and becomes out of reach.
I have seen something similar in the past too, where creatures (mole cricket, other ants, and some others) fail to pick a new target when their initial target is either too far away or out of reach. (So I think it is a creature issue?)
I am guessing this is something related to setting a new attack target when one has already been selected. (Because creatures never fail to select their initial target when entering combat, so I think it is unlikely for something to go wrong there?)

Mr_Ced

Colony
I have witnessed this too, I see creatures all the time go through my entire army just to get at a worker returning a piece of food to the nest.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I have witnessed this too, I see creatures all the time go through my entire army just to get at a worker returning a piece of food to the nest.
Probably some unknown factor that is needed to trigger this. Maybe the attacking creature has to perform an attack and not land a hit with it? Can this cause it to not check for a different target before going in for an attack again?

Previous instance of this happening:
http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.ph...der-attack-from-enemies-in-attack-range.4122/