[Bug] Beta leafcutter freeplay ant walking super slowly on plant

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
This happened to me today. A leafcutter media walking on a plant in super slowmotion:

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Interesting one! Noted and logged.

....and finally, having gone through all the feedback posted over the past week and a bit, from the bottom of our collective hearts thank you everyone who has provided this wealth of valuable feedback, but in particular you @HofNerd. You have more than earned your right to the rare "Extremely Helpful Person" badge on this forum!

Mike

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Unrelated to the problem but has the game always been this detail and beautiful? I can't really tell with my potato computer lol, or even on youtube.
Yes, the graphics settings have a very wide range. I run it on a powerfull PC, so I can have very detailed settings.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Had a look at this. It seems that the climbers speed is taken from the ant the moment it mounts the plant. If the ant has a slow effect on it at this time its speed across the whole time will be the slowed speed. This one looks like it had a bad slow on it at the time.

The ants leg speed is however taken directly from the movement value so once the slow wears off the ants legs speed up to normal whilst its actual movement remains slowed.

I am updating it to just use the ants movement value rather than its value when it got on hopefully that will work!