[Bug] Beta light flashes

Matt

Worker
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Thanks for your help everybody. I identified the problem - it was a ambient occlusion setting that had been set very loosely, which caused problems whenever there were moving static meshes within about 5 tiles radius of a point (e.g., the shells of hermit crabs, the hats of spiders, leaf-pieces or other carried food).

I've tweaked the setting so you should see a drastic reduction (hopefully an elimination!) of the problem in the next beta branch update.

Thanks again,
Matt

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Thanks for your help everybody. I identified the problem - it was a ambient occlusion setting that had been set very loosely, which caused problems whenever there were moving static meshes within about 5 tiles radius of a point (e.g., the shells of hermit crabs, the hats of spiders, leaf-pieces or other carried food).

I've tweaked the setting so you should see a drastic reduction (hopefully an elimination!) of the problem in the next beta branch update.

Thanks again,
Matt
Current version 0.21131, unfortunately the flashing it not gone completely yet.

Matt

Worker
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Current version 0.21131, unfortunately the flashing it not gone completely yet.

Thanks for the update.

When you get the chance, post another video of it's current state, showing to what degree you are still seeing it.

EDIT: I have managed to recreate this in the current build. Don't worry about the video for now, thanks.

Last edited:

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Thanks for the update.

When you get the chance, post another video of it's current state, showing to what degree you are still seeing it.

EDIT: I have managed to recreate this in the current build. Don't worry about the video for now, thanks.
Current version 0.21142, unfortunately the flashing is not gone completely yet: